Radio went blank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 18 1500 express quad cab. U connect 3 radio. I was driving down the road, nothing unusual, and suddenly, the screen goes black and music quits. A short time later(maybe a minute) it boots back up like I just started the vehicle. This was about 3 weeks ago. A couple of days later, same thing, except I had just stopped at a stop sign a block from my driveway and was pulling a trailer that time. Came back a little quicker that time. Since then, nothing unusual, working as it was intended. Strangest thing. Odd thing is my daughter who I don't think had ever ridden in the truck before was in it for both of these. She says she zaps the energy out of cars. Maybe she is right . Anyone else have anything at all like this happen?

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the same type of crazy issues but they seem to clear up the next time I start the truck and months will go by before it happens again

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had that happen once with the RA2 (5") radio that my truck came with. It didn't happen again and then I replaced it with an RA4 (8", Nav) about 6 months later so not sure if it would have.

-K

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I have an 18 1500 express quad cab. U connect 3 radio. I was driving down the road, nothing unusual, and suddenly, the screen goes black and music quits. A short time later(maybe a minute) it boots back up like I just started the vehicle. This was about 3 weeks ago. A couple of days later, same thing, except I had just stopped at a stop sign a block from my driveway and was pulling a trailer that time. Came back a little quicker that time. Since then, nothing unusual, working as it was intended. Strangest thing. Odd thing is my daughter who I don't think had ever ridden in the truck before was in it for both of these. She says she zaps the energy out of cars. Maybe she is right . Anyone else have anything at all like this happen?
My 15 express does the same thing, the screen has lost color, symbols-<>x that go in the squares, the outline is still there but no symbols & the grid around radio stations is gone. Posted a while back-radio dying- & got response to check voltage level because rams electronics are finicky. I recently got a new battery but no improvement in radio

bran101010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
I have a 2013 R/T with the 8.4, and it does the same thing randomly. Also, it will randomly quit producing sound altogether.