ram 1500 vs dakota 5.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
did they sell you the right plugs ive had this happen when replacing plugs motor wont run for **** and you can burn up a plug or even all of them super quick

OP
OP
D

dmanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did they sell you the right plugs ive had this happen when replacing plugs motor wont run for **** and you can burn up a plug or even all of them super quick

Yes... unless the plugs are different from the ram to Dakota.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
should be the same injectors. except i think the 99 and older were ev1 style and 2000 and newer are ev6 style. just need different connectors. might want to check the orings on the injectors. they have been known to get messed up when changing them.

i hate trying to diagnose stuff like this over the puter. if i was there i could probably figure it out for ya.

and champion plug is whats factory on these motors. doesnt make a difference, ram or dakota. rc12 i think. i cannt remember for sure now. champions work the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dmanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
should be the same injectors. except i think the 99 and older were ev1 style and 2000 and newer are ev6 style. just need different connectors. might want to check the orings on the injectors. they have been known to get messed up when changing them.

i hate trying to diagnose stuff like this over the puter. if i was there i could probably figure it out for ya.

and champion plug is whats factory on these motors. doesnt make a difference, ram or dakota. rc12 i think. i cannt remember for sure now. champions work the best.

I know what you mean... But the injectors were definately different, that's why i didn't use the ones that came with the dakota engine. It had different connectors on it, so i pulled the ones off my old engine and put those in. Is that ok, or do i need to use the injectors from the dakota and replace the wire harness and computer? BTW... The injectors on the old engine only had about 300 miles on them.

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
To find out if the injectors aren't firing couldn't you pull the injectors out real quick pour a little bit of gas down the injector holes put them back in and see if it runs? It would be like pouring gas down a carb'd engine.