Ram 2014 heater core issue solved….for now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtschimmel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I had the usual ram heater core issues that everybody else has had. Three replacements and constantly plugged up after about 1 /2 years. Decided to check into inline filters so flushed the heater core with blue devil radiator flush over ten times. As seen in pics, the gunk just kept coming. After finally running clear we put an inline filter from Ve-Labs. Ironically I didn’t have to tell them which truck I had, they knew! So far this has fixed the issue and if now I can check the filter for debri and flush it when the filter gets plugged. Attached are pics. Hope this helps somebody else. Last pic is my truck eating my son!

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0967.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 27

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The 6.4's and Cummins seem to have issues with left over core sand in the blocks,and a coolant filter really benefits them

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have a picture of where you spliced this in? I really need to add a filter, getting sick of back flushing the core several times a winter. I haven't replaced the core yet but it's just a matter of time. Flushing buys me a little time but it eventually clogs again.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do you have a picture of where you spliced this in? I really need to add a filter, getting sick of back flushing the core several times a winter. I haven't replaced the core yet but it's just a matter of time. Flushing buys me a little time but it eventually clogs again.

I think if you search the heavy duty section,there's already a thread on adding a coolant filter ,with pictures

OP
OP
M

mtschimmel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I did not, but if you’re standing in front of the truck looking at the fire wall it’s the line on the right which is the supply line coming out of the block. The return tied to the overflow tank. The only way we could do it was to pull the line off the heater core then splice it in. You will have to shorten the line to accommodate the filter as there is no bending that line.

zrock

Reaction score
you can get a much better filter system that uses a donaldson or fleetguard spin on filter.. Used to use it on my fords