Ram 3500 dually megacab sits higher on drivers side 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjzraz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am about to go on a trip with my travel trailer and I measured the wheel well to ground distance and in the rear the Driver's side is 2" higher. In the front, the Drivers side is 1" higher. I got this truck 2 months ago and noticed some problems that I didn't see initially. I went to another state to buy it. Carfax had no history of accidents.

When fixing the power rear window slider I noticed a strange hole cut in the top sheet metal on the passenger side. After looking it appears there was some type of accident or load shift in the bed that pushed the front of the bed toward the cab and damaged the cab some under the window. The hole was cut to hammer the cab sheet metal back some. I replaced the cab vents and had to hammer the bed back to get room to get the new ones in. The problem/impact seemed to be mostly on the right side. Maybe they backed into a gooseneck trailer or it came loose - something like that. The top edge of the bed is ripped right below the window. I didn't notice because there is a toolbox mounted in the bed (hiding the damage)

I measured from the ground to the center of the bolt that goes through the leaf springs and that measurement only has a 1" difference, higher on the drivers side vs the passenger side rear.

What should I look for as to where the problem is? I suppose if the bed is tweaked, something should be bent with the mounting points.

It drives straight down the road. I am not even sure if I should tow with it or what to check to make sure it's safe and we are supposed to leave in 2 days. :( I'll try to add some pictures.

OP
OP
M

mjzraz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1687781219220.png
1687781248712.png

hard to show but thats the front right of the bed that is pushed in
1687781327254.png

I drove it around a bit and it'a only 1" difference higher on drivers side front and rear

I towed the 10k TT 450 miles and it was fine driving.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks to me like before that tool box was mounted that there was a load near the rear of the bed , and someone did a brake check , thus sending that unsecured load flying into the bulkhead of the bed . Maybe the box was added to cover up the damage. It’s also possible that the frame took a hit and that is contributing to the height difference . It might be time to get a tape measure and crawl under and start looking For evidence of a crash.