Ram Dead 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shicksjr01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well thought I would be smart and change a couple of things using AlfaOBD, well I was wrong. I set up VTA and could not get it to work and then tried DRL setup and after that everything went to ****. First my auto lights quit working, then my auto lock doors quit working, then the interior dome light came on and would not go off, then the messages started coming in, Air bag service needed, TMPS service needed, then the door symbol came on for door open when all were closed. All just by messing with 2 things. Well truck is at dealership now and waiting to get it flashed back to factory, don't know how much that's going to cost but wife really is going to be pissed and I don't blame her. Just a heads up for all those out there that have no knowledge of what in the hell am I doing. :mad:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bummer. Pretty sure AlfaOBD recommends making a backup of the OEM settings, don't they?

Anyway, hope it doesn't cost to much to get it flashed back.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yup, sometimes the battery just dies without warning. Check that before you do anything else.

OP
OP
shicksjr01

shicksjr01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well dealership diagnosed bad sensor. This was before they flashed the Body control module in which I asked them to do because of my mess-ups. After flash everything works great even auto lights. No bad sensor???? Started last night from work lights came on and shortly running at 70mph traction control off light on dash came on, ABS needs service warning came on, 4X4 not avalible message came on, a few minutes later they all went off???????? Do I take it back in or see if it does it again. New battery last year through dealership.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those messages are typical messages for low battery voltage, get a AGM and don't look back!!!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That could be a wheel sensor, or a brake switch. You can do a OBD scan and see what it says. Sit there and pump the pedal a bunch of times and see what the switch does. If you can reproduce it not operating one time, then that's probably it. They are inexpensive and real light-duty. Like weightless. Mine started doing that (ABS/Traction C.), and also while driving. And sometimes go away. Eventually it became worse, and I could see via the scan tool, it not 'making' every once in a while. Time for a new switch. 10 min swap-out.

Or... it might be a wheel sensor or associated wiring. You should be able to see it through your AlfaOBD and watch real-time.

..or could be the ABS module too. I doubt it had anything to do with their flashing the computer. But IDK.