RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
so got the word from my dealer they said if you have had the recall fixed already you cant take the option to do the buy back if you havent had the recall done then you can either get it fixed or do the buy back deal

The tie-rod recall right?

I show that never being done on my truck. So I'm just going to wait and see if I get anything in the mail. I am in no hurry to sell my truck or buy another one, but if I do get a buy back notice. I might see what they will offer me..

N*E*R*D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Copied from a .pdf of the agreement:

FCA US's Repurchase Program 35.

The alternative remedy will be an offer to eligible owners to refund the purchase price paid by the first purchaser of the vehicle for purposes other than resale, less a reasonable allowance for depreciation, and not including the cost of modifications made to the vehicle after first retail sale ("the Purchase Price"). FCA US will additionally offer a premium of 10% above the Purchase Price to any owner of an unremedied vehicle electing this alternative remedy.

Call me dumb but can someone break this part down to me? Will they base it off what the original owner paid for my truck? I bought a 2010 used

Mr_BS

Reaction score
Call me dumb but can someone break this part down to me? Will they base it off what the original owner paid for my truck? I bought a 2010 used

I think that is a question no one can answer yet. It's still up in the air. I did chat with another person on the dodge website last night, and they mention I should hear something from FCA in about 2 weeks. Have to wait and see if that happens though.

Love my truck, but have a couple quirks with it that much cause me to go ahead and get a new one....

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The tie rods weren't a recall just a campaign. They were done on my truck before I bought it. The rep I talked to said there was never a recall on tie rods. Think they are treating it as a warranty issue not a recall.

catfish307

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I don't think you will be eligible for the buy back since you're not the original owner.

N*E*R*D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think you will be eligible for the buy back since you're not the original owner.
I spoke to a representative of Chrysler last night and I am eligible. I am the current owner of the truck and I am the owner with the recall issue

catfish307

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure how they'll handle the purchase price then. I was under the impression that the buy back was just for the original purchaser.

AkNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So how do I know if my vehicle is involved?

The company is required to notify owners but Cars.com offered this advice: "Find your car's vehicle identification number, which is usually etched in the windshield's lower driver's side corner, and enter it onto NHTSA's VIN search tool https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/vinLookup. If your vehicle has an unrepaired recall under campaign numbers 13V-038, 13V-252, 13V-527 or 13V-529, then it's eligible for these offers."

Mine had the recall #13-038 (rear axle pinion nut) recall but it had been repaired so it looks like I'm good to go.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did a live chat on the Ram website, gave them my Vin and found out my truck isn't eligible...oh well, would've gotten another Ram anyway

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jpose123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I did a live chat on the Ram website, gave them my Vin and found out my truck isn't eligible...oh well, would've gotten another Ram anyway

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

They also told me I wasn't eligible even though I searched my vin and I have the recall and havnt done it yet?

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love how they are NOT buying them back in Canada...as if our trucks were made in a different factory or something. Our government has no authority to MAKE them do anything...so of course we get ******. Nice eh?

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I love how they are NOT buying them back in Canada...as if our trucks were made in a different factory or something. Our government has no authority to MAKE them do anything...so of course we get ******. Nice eh?

popular question asked in the U.S:

"if you die in Canada, do you die in real life too?" :roflsquared:

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did my vin search
pinion bearing done,
pinion nut done,
door latches done
looks like suspension is a no go on mine too bad the truck would have worth more then I paid for it in the buy back

Mr_BS

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any new info on this, or is FCA not saying anything else and people will have to just sit and wait?

Coffeeholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went to a dealership to have my 1500 checked and the guy gave me a runaround saying it was on older models and mostly Dakotas, im defs not leaving that as my final answer tho. And he tried to explain what was actually happening, something like I pay for what I use on the truck. He didn't say anything about me getting money back but I assume I wouldn't just be paying more money for a truck I already paid off. But he also said that it wasn't in effect yet so the details arnt all worked out?

02_24v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
the statement about jeep fuel tanks being behind the rear axle....wow....that would cover about every jeep ever made
Unless its a really early CJ or M-series jeep like my 52 Willys M38A1 and you're sitting on the gas tank lol