ram forum please educate me on some oem replacement bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Note that any form of blue exterior lighting on a non-police vehicle is illegal.

Yellow or amber are fine as auxiliary lights front or rear.
Fair enough... blue..non-flashing/strobing here aren't an issue... at least that I've come across.
It's simply a constant light in the rear only that provides approaching vehicles the opportunity to really see there is a vehicle they are approaching on.

I personally like the yellow LED's!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Way back when ,I remember all fog lights where yellow, used a couple sets.
My truck seem quite good yet, But the wife CRV I noticed when we where out after dark is not great. I very seldom drive it at night, still has the original lights , 2008 model, She has just hit 80KM. I should look and see what is in them.
Truck is likely due, it is projectors. I hear mixed things about LED in those. I use the fogs all the time, but they only come on when on dim
I am pretty sure the tail lights are LED's don't know about the back up's

Re blue , all the plows have gone to blue and I think you are not to use them , but not 100% sure, In Sask.

Last edited:

druidsflame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I picked up some Auxito LEDs for my projector housing and haven't had any issues with beam pattern. They work for both low and high beam in my 2017. The only issue I have is the auto-highbeam function will turn off if there are any reflective surfaces like a sign or a shoulder marker because the highbeam is so bright. Not a bad problem to have! It is a tight fit for the highbeam but these are thin enough to fit both spots without modding the OEM housing.

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Took the plunge on LED bulbs. The halogens were pathetic to say the least. I couldn’t stomach the $200+ price for a set of 2 bulbs so I opted to hunt for a few days until I found a good option from SEALIGHT. Got some yellows for the fog lights, cool white for the high beam and projector low beams. I’ll update once they arrive and give my honest opinion of beam pattern, cut off, brightness etc.

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Took the plunge on LED bulbs. The halogens were pathetic to say the least. I couldn’t stomach the $200+ price for a set of 2 bulbs so I opted to hunt for a few days until I found a good option from SEALIGHT. Got some yellows for the fog lights, cool white for the high beam and projector low beams. I’ll update once they arrive and give my honest opinion of beam pattern, cut off, brightness etc.

IMG_8287.jpeg

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure what headlight housing you have, but I have the non-projector lights. This is what I'd recommend: https://www.amazon.com/FAHREN-H11-H...=1703252411&sprefix=fahre,aps,117&sr=8-5&th=1

I've had them in my truck (low beams) since August 2021. They've been great! Good cutoff line, bright, and a more white color. I hardly ever get flashed by oncoming traffic - the few times it's happened has only been when I'm cresting a hill. I liked them so much, I ended up replacing my fog lights and high beams with them. The high beams are SUPER bright.