Ram Insurance, Mod Coverage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is everyone running for insurance on your modded Rams? Are they covering everything from your rims to your engine mods or are you having to get separate insurances?

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got insurance on my wheels through the dealership, engine mods are not covered that I've ever seen. I don't know of any insurance that would cover mods to be honest

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can get additional coverage from insurance companies called something like non-factory equipment coverage. You have to give your insurance company a list and value of the modifications. I don't know if they would cover performance modifications, though.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
General insurance companies won't cover mods unless you have a specific policy to cover them, audio equipment is a common one, but rarely will they cover mods, especially performance mods. In fact, a lot of insurance companies will cancel the policy if it has performance modifications. There are a few specialty insurance companies that cover things like classic cars, dedicated racing vehicles, etc and they are all 'agreed upon value' policies.

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had 15,000 in extra coverage on my 06 ctd through American family insurance. I had a full Carli dominator kit with triple bypasses and tons of performance goodies as well. I had to give my agent a list of mods with pics and pricing.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Make sure you get written agreed upon value, not cash value in your policy. Agreed value, means they will pay a fixed amount, period. Actual cash value means they'll determine the market price at the time of loss.

Bought rims and tires last year? Paid 2000 and had them stolen a year later, then the insurance company goes"Oh, well depreciation, yada yada heres $600.00 actual cash value if you had sold them today"

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
best thing to do is just expect mods to not be covered and then be happy if they cover any of them.

that or invest in a CUR dog to protect and chase away any would be theives