RAM is Down!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been fighting with RAM for 2 years to get my Fans replaced. They R just now getting around to ordering them to be replaced. Monster fight to get Maxcare to Cover the replacement. Hometown Dealer tried, when I had truck in 1 year ago and denied. My Dealership is over an Hour away (would neva buy a vehicle from hometown dealership), said should have been covered 2 years ago when they diagnosed problem originally, so looks like finally gonna get replaced under warranty. In the Summer, I have to run MAX AC to get fans to kick on long enough to cool down from 222 F to 225 F, back down to 203 F, and that is with no load, just local driving. Oh the joy. But other than that, the poor AC, and now the rear window frame crack, which I will have to address to get fixed since Stellantis just did the extended warranty, just fun fun fun in da Sun.

ADDED: FTR: They were ordered/allegedly Feb 2022, and still waiting.

But the truck has a great ride, fun to drive, and overall, been OK. Would cost me 52-60K to get what my Bighorn has in it, so I'll just keep the paid off ride, LOL.

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I think STAR can see how long they made me drive on contaminated oil and go wtf.....motor is now making noise?:insane:
So did they keep the truck so they can work with STAR to find out what's going on or are you still driving it, if they kept it did they get you a loaner?

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been fighting with RAM for 2 years to get my Fans replaced. They R just now getting around to ordering them to be replaced. Monster fight to get Maxcare to Cover the replacement. Hometown Dealer tried, when I had truck in 1 year ago and denied. My Dealership is over an Hour away (would neva buy a vehicle from hometown dealership), said should have been covered 2 years ago when they diagnosed problem originally, so looks like finally gonna get replaced under warranty. In the Summer, I have to run MAX AC to get fans to kick on long enough to cool down from 222 F to 225 F, back down to 203 F, and that is with no load, just local driving. Oh the joy. But other than that, the poor AC, and now the rear window frame crack, which I will have to address to get fixed since Stellantis just did the extended warranty, just fun fun fun in da Sun.

ADDED: FTR: They were ordered/allegedly Feb 2022, and still waiting.

But the truck has a great ride, fun to drive, and overall, been OK. Would cost me 52-60K to get what my Bighorn has in it, so I'll just keep the paid off ride, LOL.

Yeah the cover stupid stuff and then not cover things that make sense. They told me my CCV filter was plugged and not covered under warranty since "I over filles the oil". Second time I brought it back and they kept repairing the emissions they replaced it under warranty. The issue is 50% dealer and the other 50% is manufacturer, which we the consumer pay with headaches.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So did they keep the truck so they can work with STAR to find out what's going on or are you still driving it, if they kept it did they get you a loaner?

They have had it since the 7th....need dealing with this over a month. No I did not ask for a rental, I have 2 other vehicles to drive and rather do that then get a car I don't like lol.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
They have had it since the 7th....need dealing with this over a month. No I did not ask for a rental, I have 2 other vehicles to drive and rather do that then get a car I don't like lol.
I need to stop in and have a chat with them in the next few days, I've been doing more non stop 25+ mile drives on the Hwy at 55+ mph and noticed that DPF gauge is showing about 20-25% full in last 150 miles after my long drive a few weeks ago, I could somewhat see it if it was all stop and go city driving but its not, I'm sure I'll get the standard BS its my fault, I don't tow enough, but will have to remind them I'm at max bed payload and if trailer I'm towing does not have electric brakes it will not register as tow miles......

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to stop in and have a chat with them in the next few days, I've been doing more non stop 25+ mile drives on the Hwy at 55+ mph and noticed that DPF gauge is showing about 20-25% full in last 150 miles after my long drive a few weeks ago, I could somewhat see it if it was all stop and go city driving but its not, I'm sure I'll get the standard BS its my fault, I don't tow enough, but will have to remind them I'm at max bed payload and if trailer I'm towing does not have electric brakes it will not register as tow miles......

They will tell you if you don't have a check engine light they won't know and won't care. Best to put a water mark on your cell phone pictures, take a photo of each regen cycle. Start and finish this will document it with miles and time frame. If you go in give them a rash of crap about mine, just say you have been following my story lol. I'll buy you a cup of coffee or shot of whiskey.

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
They will tell you if you don't have a check engine light they won't know and won't care. Best to put a water mark on your cell phone pictures, take a photo of each regen cycle. Start and finish this will document it with miles and time frame. If you go in give them a rash of crap about mine, just say you have been following my story lol. I'll buy you a cup of coffee or shot of whiskey.

Sad that without a CEL they can't do squat, its another reason why they need a master diesel mechanic or even a HD bush mechanic who knows how to think out side the box. I try to never mention other peoples going on as you never know how they will handle others know about it, I try when I can to be the church mouse who hears more than he should :) sometimes it pays, an only give out enough info if I have to, when I think its needed or when fishing for info... One thing I have noticed is the 2 men at the 2 service desk in the rear area are about as knowledgeable about diesel trucks as a box of rocks :( I have limited photos an had not though to have OD miles clearly showing for end of a regen so will be sure to take better photos... I my stop by their late tomorrow afternoon to do some fishing, if do an I hear anything good will let you know...

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sad that without a CEL they can't do squat, its another reason why they need a master diesel mechanic or even a HD bush mechanic who knows how to think out side the box. I try to never mention other peoples going on as you never know how they will handle others know about it, I try when I can to be the church mouse who hears more than he should :) sometimes it pays, an only give out enough info if I have to, when I think its needed or when fishing for info... One thing I have noticed is the 2 men at the 2 service desk in the rear area are about as knowledgeable about diesel trucks as a box of rocks :( I have limited photos an had not though to have OD miles clearly showing for end of a regen so will be sure to take better photos... I my stop by their late tomorrow afternoon to do some fishing, if do an I hear anything good will let you know...

I do the same until I need to, untill they try some crap and it's definitely nice to have inside info. I typically listen to what they are saying and lead them into a trap. then come back with stuff I've heard or stuff they have said or documents. The more local people go in there and talk about other issues though the more the won't mess around. Start losing the trust of locals and you won't be in business.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Wow, this is not good.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is just wonderful. Had they diagnosed the problem right the first time, and fixed it, the high possibility of a new engine would not have been necessary.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is just wonderful. Had they diagnosed the problem right the first time, and fixed it, the high possibility of a new engine would not have been necessary.

Yep, but they don't service my truck so they are just taking a paying customers word about fuel in oil.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yep, but they don't service my truck so they are just taking a paying customers word about fuel in oil.
Based on what I understood on my late afternoon visit some have doubts, one person only thought your engine noise happened one time, had doubts about getting 3x amount of oil drained at time of an oil change, I take that as that person thought your service shop drained out 9 gallons of oil...

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Based on what I understood on my late afternoon visit some have doubts, one person only thought your engine noise happened one time, had doubts about getting 3x amount of oil drained at time of an oil change, I take that as that person thought your service shop drained out 9 gallons of oil...

Yeah it would go back to they would actually have to listen to what I actually say and not think everyone is a idiot.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well the dealership has had your truck for almost 3 weeks now and they still have not informed you what they think what the problem is or did they just park it on the back lot an forget about it :(

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well the dealership has had your truck for almost 3 weeks now and they still have not informed you what they think what the problem is or did they just park it on the back lot an forget about it :(

Actually going on week 8 since I originally took it there... They just emailed me today, HPFP test showed no leaks. They are pulling injectors now and sending them out for testing......

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You are much more patient than I am. I would have started the LL process (by going through arbitration) by now. That part is free, and based on my past experience, I can't see how you'd lose.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat