random klunk before and after

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did the full bilstien 5100 level.. replace upper control arms with Zone, put in new Mopar lower control arms, replace the tie rod ends, and sway bar links. Verified that all bolts are at proper torque and I know for sure I have the washer on the correct side and have proper torque on the top bolt of the strut... for the majority of my driving the setup is quiet and smooth (got new tires also and an alignment).... but every once and awhile I get a klunk in the front end.. sometimes when just turning moving very slow or coming into a turn and hitting a hole.

any ideas where else to look? it does not happen often and when just driving down a road and hitting bumps still solid and no noise.... have also done some aggressive turns and no sound..

doesn't seem like a huge deal, just don't like it.

the truck is a 2015 1500 outdoorsmans with ~145K miles on it

might not be the right place in the forum, but figured I's start here.... thanks

oh and as it states had the sound before I did the upgrade and figured it would go away after, but it is less apparent but still there

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue, mostly was isolated to when turning but it ended up being tie rod ends..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that is what I originally thought and replaced both with MOPAR OEM new....

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Grab your steering shaft between the slider and the rack, give it a wiggle.
I've been chasing a clunk for ages, I randomly grabbed that sucker the other day and wowza was mine loose.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Front swaybar end links will clunk.

Upper ball joints clunk also even though you mentioned to replace the UCA.

OP
OP
J

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Grab your steering shaft between the slider and the rack, give it a wiggle.
I've been chasing a clunk for ages, I randomly grabbed that sucker the other day and wowza was mine loose.

was there just a way to tighten? and did it solve your issue?