Rats and Mice !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hitekcm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
At my house we are catching huge Rats and Mice like crazy with traps. Having trouble keeping these suckers out of my engine bays. Tried ultrasonic gadgets, Rodent deterrent sprays,moth balls,trick light gadgets etc. Nothing seems to on work and I am really pissed off because I recently found them ******** on my 22 Ram Longhorn 4x4 Limited {My Baby} on the Engine cover! I had chewed wiring incidents on other vehicles before but My Baby is out of bounds!!!
Anyone come up with any better solutions?

BatBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Consider using natural repellents such as covered cayenne pepper sensory bags or ammonia bags. Rodents usually do not like the smell of such substances. Advice from ChatGPT:D

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Soak cottonballs in Pine-sol then place around areas to keep mice/rats out of. Read it online somehwere that the pine oil is a natural repellent. Did this in my garage and shed with what seems to be success

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At my house we are catching huge Rats and Mice like crazy with traps. Having trouble keeping these suckers out of my engine bays. Tried ultrasonic gadgets, Rodent deterrent sprays,moth balls,trick light gadgets etc. Nothing seems to on work and I am really pissed off because I recently found them ******** on my 22 Ram Longhorn 4x4 Limited {My Baby} on the Engine cover! I had chewed wiring incidents on other vehicles before but My Baby is out of bounds!!!
Anyone come up with any better solutions?
I had squirrel/chipmunk or mouse making nests in my aircleaner assembly. Went for an oil change, because I couldn't do it after surgery and they were like you have to see this. I had replaced my battery and battery blanket/cover because mine was ratty and found out something was chewing it to make a nest in there and it was loaded with nuts from our oaks and hickory trees. So they cleaned it out and a month or so later I decided to put a KN cold air intake in and when I pulled my aircleaner it had nuts in it again. At least with cold air intake there really is no place to build a nest now. Funny thing is when I was working my truck never sat for very long so I'm not sure when they found time to build their nests, Had one chew through an evap tube on my old 2005 Ram which caused me lots of headaches since no one could figure out where the issue was in the truck. I eventually found the chewed tube. Hate the little rodents!!!

khocke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Peppermint oil-soaked cotton balls in old medicine vials with holes drilled in them. Place a few around the engine bay if you’re not using the truck for a couple days. Or you could dribble the stuff wherever they’re nesting. The real oil isn’t too cheap but I’ve had good luck using it in and around our vehicles.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've used Mothballs in my old crew socks, place in various places under the hood, always works for me!!

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soak cottonballs in Pine-sol then place around areas to keep mice/rats out of. Read it online somehwere that the pine oil is a natural repellent. Did this in my garage and shed with what seems to be success
Reason why cedar chests were so popular in the olden days. That scent kept pests away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357