Rattle in drivers and passengers door gripe..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey everyone,

have my next thing to gripe about. i have a damn rattle in my both of my doors and my local dealer cannot fix either one. ive been into the dealer 5+ times now and surprisingly it came back tonight worse than i left it this morning. i have 14xxx km's on my 2017 truck. i called FCA canada tonight and they were absolutely NO help. i was told by them that i should continue to work with my dealership to get it fixed...i really believe at this point they should be doing more to fix my problem. what do you guys think?

in the driver door the rattle is coming from the master switch, apparently they've added foam tape and whatnot multiple times but this hasnt really helped. and in the passenger the rattle is coming from down in the speaker area. i dont think its coming from the speaker itself but in the door panel. i think theyve tried with the foam tape here as well with no avail

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
I too have an occasional rattle on the drivers side, down low. I drive on washboard roads,I sort of ignore it till i can get a better idea exactly where it is.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a rattle too, it sounds like a loose plate or a bolt where the bushing is worn/lost and comes from the front driver side and i hear it at every bump or small hole.
The dealership fixed it and the office guy said it was a frame-body bolt, but i guess it was a excuse as he was not knowing what the mechanic made.
After some months the noise came back and i am investigating what it is.
Dealership is 2 hours far, i need 2 weeks to book a date and have to wait for hours there.
Chris

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Pop that speaker out and find the clip that probably fell off the sail panel. Pull the drivers switch and shake it. Might have a piece of plastic inside. I know the dealer should fix it but you will likely do a more thorough job.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Driver's side door lock buttons rattle on my 15. I put a small piece of paper in front and behind the switches and it stops. Until I have time to take it apart and fix it anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Got a intermittent rattle in my passenger door card. Gonna have to pull it apart and find it when it gets warmer. Drives me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
On my 2013 I thought rattle was switch. I sound deadened panels and still had rattle, then I noticed if let's say I have bass up, if I put my arm against door and put pressure on panel rattle stopped. So I bought 8 sheets of close cell self stick foam from china(was like $9 shipped) covered back of both front door panels and rattle went away 100%. When I put the panels back on I had to push panel and pull down at same time, because the foam, but worked great and took 10 minutes per door. I noticed on mine it wasn't the switch, was the panel that had the silver brushed looking detail on door panel, was coming from that panel above switch.

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On my 2013 I thought rattle was switch. I sound deadened panels and still had rattle, then I noticed if let's say I have bass up, if I put my arm against door and put pressure on panel rattle stopped. So I bought 8 sheets of close cell self stick foam from china(was like $9 shipped) covered back of both front door panels and rattle went away 100%. When I put the panels back on I had to push panel and pull down at same time, because the foam, but worked great and took 10 minutes per door. I noticed on mine it wasn't the switch, was the panel that had the silver brushed looking detail on door panel, was coming from that panel above switch.

this is exactly the same as what im getting, if i rest my knee against the door rest it goes away. ill have a look into closed cell foam and see what i can find. did you buy it in strips or in squares? do you still have the truck, some pictures of what you did would be awesome

THANK YOU!

EDIT: i found this, how does it compare to what you bought?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-x-4-Adhesive-Backed-Foam-Rubber-NFR-25-4-AB-/281612415276

THANK YOU!

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I don't have pics, but the sheets of closed cell foam are 10mm thick and 1 foot x 20 inches(30mm x 50mm) , I used 2 1/2 in each door panel covering the majority of panel. Is really easy to cut with any scissors. I didn't concentrate on lower area of panel as much since I didn't have any rattle there. I would stick with 10mm due to any thicker may make panel tougher to put on, was easy with 10mm, hold panel in place, press on it and pull down into hooks at same time, I had zero issues. I bought 8 sheets of it on Ali express from china for $8 shipped(Total price for all 8 sheets and shipping) took about 3 weeks to arrive, but seen price went up to $13 when I just looked. The stuff you showed on ebay looks the same as mine, but looks pretty expensive, size wise it doesn't look very big. Only reason I bought from china was price, same amount of coverage I found online was like $40. If you buy from Ali express, there's a great 16 inch black antenna(called arial bee sting antenna) has proper adaptor and sits on stock mount nice, fits the ram perfect and gets excellent reception for $2.50(found for even cheaper at 2.22 shipped) I bought 2 since was so cheap and gets about same reception as the factory long antenna, also they have cheap ram logo tire caps high quality($5) and door inside latch dress up ram covers($5) that look good.

Last edited: