Rear Bumper Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know how to remove the black plastic trim piece on top of the rear bumper? It looks like there are some plastic clips holding it in? Just wanted tips if anyone has them? I am working on some new plasti dip around the truck and want to do it right. Thanks!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Think I saw this in my Haynes book. I'll look when I get home.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was wrong, it's not in the book. I must have read it on here somewhere but now I can't find it. I did Google "remove rear bumper trim 2010 ram" and found a post about removing it. Seems like it's easiest to pull the bumper and remove the mounts to have easier access to the tabs. But you are correct, it is held on by tabs.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I think I'll try the plier method first then remove it if I have to.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They just push and snap in place upon installation , when I removed mine after someone left a burning cigarette on mine I just crawled under the truck and pushed up on the clips to remove.

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think its easier to remove by removing the bumper. If I remember correctly those support brackets make it hard to get to some of the tabs. Either way, a pair of pliers are great to use to squeeze the tabs so they release from the bumper. Its not a hard task.

Sent from my XPS 10 using Tapatalk