Rear camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011 ram 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can I buy the factory camera and put it in and just wire it up to the radio. The truck has nav and the satellite radio only thing it doesn't have is camera and the back up sensors I know I can instal a lock pic unit just wondering

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep you can buy the factory back up camera kit and plug it right in to the back of your radio. I would go with a lockpick though and an aftermarket camera. The lockpick and aftermarket camera cost about the same as the factory backup camera kit and you will have a lot more features with the lockpick.

OP
OP

2011 ram 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks do they make an aftermarket camera that fits like the factory?

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks do they make an aftermarket camera that fits like the factory?

You can get one of these cameras. Comes with the bit to drill out a small hole in the tailgate handle. Then just run your wires to the back of the radio and plug them into the lockpick. I will be ordering that camera and a lockpick shortly for my factory nav.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

http://www.ramforum.com/f51/rear-view-camera-installed-2747/

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I personally would go the aftermarket route with the lock pick if the prices are close to the same because the lock pick give you other options