Rear right wheel bent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozznutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can anyone please tell me why my wheel is like this.
I don't feel a wobble when I drive.

Attachments

• IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 47

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What year?
Have you put a level on it..just to see? Was it sitting on 100% level ground when the picture was taken? What's it like on a 'good' parking lot?

It would be a good idea to put the rear up on jackstands and lift "up" on the tire/s. Or take it to a shop. A worn bearing could do that. But then again, you'd hear all sorts of other noises. If something truly is off with the actual rear axle/diff, it will cause downstream (expensive) damage to the gears inside in not too much time. So the sooner you get on it, the better. Could also be a damaged spring or worn rubber spring pad. Someone's got to put their eye on that region.

OP
OP
O

Ozznutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It looks the same on level ground it’s weird because the left wheel is perfectly fine and straight.
I don’t think it’s a worn bearing because I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary.
Do you think it could be a warped rotor?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It looks the same on level ground it’s weird because the left wheel is perfectly fine and straight.
I don’t think it’s a worn bearing because I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary.
Do you think it could be a warped rotor?

You would feel the brakes pulsing when you hit the brakes if it were a warped rotor. The rotor has nothing to do with your alignment.

As JW sort of eluded to, there's lots of things it could be. First step is jack it up and push the wheel around and see what moves. If you can't tell, then you need to get it to someone who can. Sooner rather than later.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If your locating arms aren't the issue,then you might have a bent housing,or broken weld where the axle tube goes into the pumpkin. Not real common,but has been known to happen. Any chance the truck was yanked out of a ditch,or you yanked somebody else out of a ditch by throwing a chain or tow rope around the axle

OP
OP
O

Ozznutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know that the studs on the rear right side is a different size than the 5x5.5

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Maybe someone cranked down on that axle housing side to much on a roll-back.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a 'guy' or shop with knowledgeable techs, you can take it to? (Who know what they're REALLY doing?)

That would be the best thing to do. You might be looking at possibly putting in a different (used??) rear end. But have someone who knows what they're doing look at it. Could be a safety issue...and also wear out the tire back there prematurely.

:cheers:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What is the mileage and history of the vehicle?
Are you the original owner?

If the studs are non-standard, have other modifications or repairs been completed by someone unknown to you?

Do you have any other information on modifications, observations or experiences?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

It’s has been hit on the rear right side I probably should of told yall first
Both of your own responses will answer the question as to why it looks like that.

Did you buy the truck used? Run a CarFax report on it, or did you own the truck when hit? Whoever did the repairs apparently didn't do a very good job of matching stuff up. That's my amateur thoughts anyway.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well first figure out if it's a bent housing or bent axle shaft. Put the truck on stands and let the wheels spin. Does the wheel wobble? Yes? Axle shaft bent. No? Housing bent.

I'm guessing housing bent from what I read here.