Rear spacer drawing/measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
I want to install a 1"rear spacer for my 2015 RAM (to go with Bilstein 5100 or also a 2,5 spacer in the front) and want to make them myself.

Does someone has a drawing or measurements so I can make them myself?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I want to install a 1"rear spacer for my 2015 RAM (to go with Bilstein 5100 or also a 2,5 spacer in the front) and want to make them myself.

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

They make bolt in upper spacers for the rear,hunt a picture of them up and copy them

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Thanks,

On a picture there are no dimensions?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks,

On a picture there are no dimensions?

If you can't look at a picture and figure out what dimesions you need by then going to look at your truck with tape measure in hand,you probably shouldn't build them yourself,lol. Just my 02 though.

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Thanks for the link, nice picture but as said before I still need measurements...I am not going to guess what the sizes are, and no I can not come up with it looking at picture.....

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the link, nice picture but as said before I still need measurements...I am not going to guess what the sizes are, and no I can not come up with it looking at picture.....

Jesus Christ man,pull a spring and measure the top of it,and the spring pocket,if you can't figure out what you need from doing that,you shouldn't be building it yourself bud.No guessing involved it's hard facts by just being a bit ambitious with a tape measure ,and if you can't do that,buy the damn things instead.Not trying to be an *******,but I seriously think this job might be beyond your capabilities if you can't figure out what you need size wise by pulling a spring and using a tape measure ,plus looking at the pic in the link

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Thanks. I am a Lathe machinist and working on 0,0001 mm accuracy for Aerospace components so I know how important measurement is...
And yes I can pull a spring and measure it but we are an ona forum to help each other and to find some info...and the info I was looking for.....
Beyond my capabilities?? I have build a 410 Ram engine with a Kenne Bell SC on it with 1.2 Bar on Propane with a Megaquirt on it...all done by myself, didn't get that info from a picture also....

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks. I am a Lathe machinist and working on 0,0001 mm accuracy for Aerospace components so I know how important measurement is...
And yes I can pull a spring and measure it but we are an ona forum to help each other and to find some info...and the info I was looking for.....
Beyond my capabilities?? I have build a 410 Ram engine with a Kenne Bell SC on it with 1.2 Bar on Propane with a Megaquirt on it...all done by myself, didn't get that info from a picture also....
Did you biuld the SC yourself?
If you're such a competent engineer you should have no problem measuring the dimensions you need. :321:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

Well Erik if you're that qualified you should have no problem figuring out what you need,but as a side note remind me never to use you as a machinist,lol.Just razzing ya lad,but you're sure turning this into quite a project when you should be more then capable of figuring out how to build a simple spacer .Hell i'm nothing more then an ex-farmer/rigpig /fabricator /general gopher and I've built more then my share of spacers with-out even having a picture to go on.
Rick

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.
I can sell you a top gun customs rear 3/4” spacer and a rough country 2.5” front spacer for 50$ plus shipping from Florida.
Edit: just realized you’re in the Netherlands and I’m sure shipping would be horrendous...

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Did you biuld the SC yourself?
If you're such a competent engineer you should have no problem measuring the dimensions you need. :321:

I didn't say that I build the SC myself did I, I said that I put one on the engine??

Well Erik if you're that qualified you should have no problem figuring out what you need,but as a side note remind me never to use you as a machinist,lol.Just razzing ya lad,but you're sure turning this into quite a project when you should be more then capable of figuring out how to build a simple spacer .Hell i'm nothing more then an ex-farmer/rigpig /fabricator /general gopher and I've built more then my share of spacers with-out even having a picture to go on.
Rick

Like I said before I wast just looking for dimensions, yes I can dot it myself but the geometry is different If I made a spacer form 1" high is is going to be less when I install it...that was the reason I asked for the info, and not for ******* someone off.

Edit: just realized you’re in the Netherlands and I’m sure shipping would be horrendous...

And that is one the problems I have, hard to get parts and info in The Netherlands, there are not many Us cars here..and officially not 1 dealer, so Rockauto is my friend for parts and the info I need I get form forums like these.

Thanks for all the help.

Greetings,

Erik.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you might try google for images. ive seen 2500 spacers and its basically just just like a 6" diam tube about 1/2" in hieght then sandwiched between a round shape 1/4" thick plate on each side.

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
I can sell you a top gun customs rear 3/4” spacer and a rough country 2.5” front spacer for 50$ plus shipping from Florida

Maybe you can give me the measurements form the set;);)?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Like I said before I wast just looking for dimensions, yes I can dot it myself but the geometry is different If I made a spacer form 1" high is is going to be less when I install it...that was the reason I asked for the info, and not for ******* someone off.

The springs sit basically on top of the center line of the axle tubes,a 1" spacer is going to lift the truck 1" at the wheel wells,which is where most guys measure at,and where most aftermarket suspension kits measure from.It's not like the front where you have to factor in the lift generated by an A-arm that's say 6" past the centerline of the lift point.All you have to do is look at your rear suspension to figure that out. If you want a 1" rear lift ,make your spacer 1"

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear thickness is whatever lift height you go with. Skinny side fits up into the top coil bucket to keep it from shifting. Bottom is the fat side. Make sure to use the coil isolator on the bottom of the spacer where the spring will be sitting to reduce chatter. These go to the top of the spring not the bottom.

CBAC0C9F-4EC6-4EA2-860C-FE02265471CE.jpeg

44564F28-A08E-470E-B1F7-6771EBDC7100.jpeg

08D35A25-D51B-4181-84D7-E9E6A3C712E8.jpeg

2895F32C-1E98-4D91-823A-93D50FC9B42A.jpeg

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine