Rear spacer rec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am about to install an eibach pro truck kit at 2.75, assuming I get that amount I am looking to go with a 1in or less spacer to go with the 1in rear coils so I don't lose all my rake.

Anybody run a setup like this? What do you use, do you like it?

Thanks

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Top Gun Customz makes some primo inexpensive rear spacers. I’m running a 3/4” in the rear with Bilstein 5100s set at 2.8 up front and I’m sitting nearly level, just got a little rake.

jwhyte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am about to install an eibach pro truck kit at 2.75, assuming I get that amount I am looking to go with a 1in or less spacer to go with the 1in rear coils so I don't lose all my rake.

Anybody run a setup like this? What do you use, do you like it?

Thanks
Just an fyi it seems like most aren't getting the full suggested lift height with the Eibach coils. I set mine for the second notch (3.5") and I got a little over 2.75" total front lift. The rear coils did give me an inch and I'm sitting with .75-1" rake currently.
Every ram is a little different so your rake and lift heights may vary from mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jasfish18

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to put em on and see what happens

Only thing left to decide now is, if I only get 2in of lift do I need upgraded uca? Or would I be fine with stock/met. Or error on caution and get the zone uca

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for a 1 inch rear coil spacer and the cheapest I’ve found is around $110. Any know good ones that aren’t as much. The 3/4 spacers are significantly cheaper but rather find 1 inch if I could

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I have said about a million times on here. Spacers for a Jeep TJ are the same. I have been using them for years . They go under the rear spring . Many sizes available . I have seen 1" on Ebay for 30 bucks.

Panamaximus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm installing the same Eibach kit. Front and rear shocks and springs. Now it states 2.25 front and 1 inch rear/ I also want to keep the rake for towing boat, gear, hauling, etc. I was looking for 1/2 inch rear coil spacer. I guess I'll try top guns for 3/4 rear coil spacer.

Is there a video link for changing the rear coils?

Panamaximus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i went to top gunz customs. i don't see a 3/4" coil spacer. Is there a link?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm installing the same Eibach kit. Front and rear shocks and springs. Now it states 2.25 front and 1 inch rear/ I also want to keep the rake for towing boat, gear, hauling, etc. I was looking for 1/2 inch rear coil spacer. I guess I'll try top guns for 3/4 rear coil spacer.

Is there a video link for changing the rear coils?
The eibach rear springs will provide 1" rear lift. You don't need a spacer on top of that especially if you're setting the front Eibach at 2", (Eibach strut at 0" lift + Eibach springs will put you in the 2" front lift range). Most crew cab RAM 1500 4x4 trucks have a 3" factory rear rake stock. Some more some less depending on options. If yours is 3" taller in the back you only need 2" front lift to level and maintain a subtle 1" rear rake.

People add an extra 1" in the back when they do 2.5-2.8" lift via 5100 at max height for example in the front, but you're already buying a 1" taller rear springs with the Eibach kit ?. You can always add that spacer if you needed 3/4" extra on top of the 1" the springs will provide if you carry more weight permanently for example or if you wanted more rear rake. I like mine 2" higher in the back.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree 100% with ram1500rsm. I don't think you should need spacers. 1-2" of rear rake is typically plenty.

Once you start lifting so far, you end up affecting the geometry in the rear with the sway bar and track bar, then get some "wag". Then if you want it to ride like stock again, you'll need to relocate the track bar and increase your sway bar end link length.

I don't think adding two inches in the rear will really be that noticeable, though some have had some issues going any higher.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can get spacers for the rear that are as thin as 3/8" and up as I said before and posted them. I have said it and posted links to it too many times . Search tool will find them

Panamaximus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean the Jeep ones? All I find is 3/4 up for Jeep ones.

Panamaximus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's about time to add the 3/4" spacer in the rear for towing a 26' boat. Are there any instructions anywhere? I'm going to knock out the rear pads at the same time.

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's about time to add the 3/4" spacer in the rear for towing a 26' boat. Are there any instructions anywhere? I'm going to knock out the rear pads at the same time.
1. Put rear on stands
2. Support rear axle with a jack
3. Unbolt rear sway bar endlinks
4. Unbolt lower rear shock bolts
5. Remove spring and reinstall with spacer

Depending on the spring and spacer size, you may be able to skip step 3 an 4 if you jack one end of the axle up and use spring compressors to install the spring and spacer. It's more work but easier to just unbolt the swaybar and shocks though.