Recirc button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2018 today decided that the recirc button needs to flash 3x when I hit it, and then stay off.
I was driving home, and trying to see if recirc mode would help with my AC issue, which I think is just low refrigerant. So I turned it on for a few seconds, and it seems cooler, so I turned it off (recirc) to see if it was confirmation bias, then tried to turn it back on. Probably 10-15s between pushes.

Truck sat in my driveway when I got home for about 30 minutes, and recirc is still "wigged".

Alfa doesn't show any new codes (telemetry module and humidity module are wigged), as of about 10 minutes after the initial issue presented.

I'm going to try again when I leave, which will be about 3 hours of sitting, and/or in the AM, after about 10 hours.

Any theories?

OP
OP
P

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were the heater controls in "Auto" mode?

Mine does that when I try to manually enable recirc when Auto mode is enabled.
Mine is never out of auto, but I've been able to toggle recirc on/off plenty of times in the past.

I hit it when I'm going to end up behind a big truck usually.

Htsderek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Maybe it has to do with what the heater/AC is doing when the recirc button is pressed, if it's in auto is it heating, cooling, defrosting? I'm not sure if recirc is locked out in any of those modes.

I enabled the auto controls as part of upgrading the radio to the 8.4 inch and I never installed the humidity sensor, so I'm not sure what testing in my truck will show but I'll try a few things.

My truck is almost always in auto also, unless one of the kids borrow it or I want to enable recirc.

Gregket1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 14 it does that when in auto. No auto+recirc allowed.
we also found out recirc will get turned off if the windshield defrost is enabled. Even if only “half enabled” where you can only tell it is on via the environmental page of the main display.