Reconnect power with seats removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z00se

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the interior completely removed (all seating) from my 2014 2500 SLT. The battery is disconnected currently. Is it ok to reconnect the battery to put the windows down while none of the interior (seats) and radio is connected? I know this sounds like a silly question but I didn't know if reconnecting the battery with "pieces" missing would effect the computers or mess with a system like the airbags or what not.

I am putting the windows down so I can remove both door panels and do some speaker wiring and sound insulation.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have the interior completely removed (all seating) from my 2014 2500 SLT. The battery is disconnected currently. Is it ok to reconnect the battery to put the windows down while none of the interior (seats) and radio is connected? I know this sounds like a silly question but I didn't know if reconnecting the battery with "pieces" missing would effect the computers or mess with a system like the airbags or what not.

I am putting the windows down so I can remove both door panels and do some speaker wiring and sound insulation.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.
You'll be fine. It might put some codes on the computer if you start it and the shifter isn't connected but they will clear on their own when everything gets plugged back in.

You also might get some check airbag errors for the ones in the seats...