Refueling issues. Need your help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine has done this twice: clicked (shut off), then i would press handle again to add gas and it would overflow. It should definitely not overflow after pressing 1 time. If I dont try to add more once it shuts off, its fine so thats what i started doing.

shloubrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never had this happen. Sounds very odd. I will say tho that the angle of the filler neck in this truck is a *****. It forces you to put the pump in a more vertical than normal angle, so much so that there's barely enough room to fit it in that way and I usually have trouble getting it back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
Man, if they refuse to work on it or fix it, then it sounds like "Lemon Law" time if you have that in your state. Especially since they acknowledge that there is a problem. My 2 cents

OP
OP
Z

ZAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man, if they refuse to work on it or fix it, then it sounds like "Lemon Law" time if you have that in your state. Especially since they acknowledge that there is a problem. My 2 cents

That is my next step.

potminer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Friends got a 2013 and his father in law has a 2013. They said got the vent line filter replaced and moved it up to engine capartment. Plugs up I guess. No problems since.

Last edited:

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I had the same problem on my former F250 SLT work company work truck.i would have to fill up 3+ times per week and it sucked.

I noticed you are in Socal and we have those stupid vapor recovery nozzle thingys on our pump nozzles. Try this, it work on mine when I had the problem. Take something like a small wood dowel or bolt and when you get ready to stick the metal part of the nozzle into the tank place the wood dowel across the opening of the fuel fill so when you stick the rest of the nozzle into the tank it does not allow the vapor recovery black thing to make a complete seal.

To see what I mean, stick the nozzle into the tank fill area most of the way. With your other hand, pull the black vapor recover thing back all the way so it doesn't seal. I bet it won't kick off. Both of these ways worked but the wood dowel was easier asmI didn't have to holed the thing back. Hope this makes sense.

OP
OP
Z

ZAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have tried messing with the vapor recovery boot and it does nothing. I have also filled up in States without the boots, like Nevada, and still have the same problem.

Moparman2285

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I do agree with shloubrew , something just seems off about the angle of the filler hole. Our gas nozzles here all have an obnoxious black advertisement block on top that rests against my paintjob because of this horrible angle. Maybe that's why I haven't seen the cool gas filler door like on my '05, just the chromed plastic lookalikes. It would cut down the opening even more. But I will say, I haven't had any problems refueling. Maybe it's a 3500 thing?

Attachments

• fuel door.jpg
    fuel door.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 147

sugarray

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Mega Cab, Laramie, 4.10
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I filled mine for the first time and could only get 26 gallons and it was spilling out. I ran it down to 22 miles left on the EVIC.

Will contact Ram Customer Care today!

OP
OP
Z

ZAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wanted to give you guys an update. I won my Lemon Law case. FCA agreed to buy my truck back. Today I surrendered the truck at the dealership of where I bought it.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!

OP
OP
Z

ZAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow... what are you getting to replace it?

I'm going back to Ford. I loved my Ram and would have been a customer for life but they really treated me like **** through the whole process. I will also miss this forum. A lot of cool people on here.

Last edited:

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going back to Ford. I loved my Ram and would have been a customer for life but they really treated me like **** through the whole process. I will also miss this forum. A lot of cool people on here.

Enjoy :)

TheMoj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I found this thread on Google. Came here to tell you all that I have a 2018 Ram 1500 and I am having this exact issue with mine.

Glad to see it's not just me and has been going on for years. o_O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have this problem too ... only a few types of nozzles work though ... I try to go to the same gas station and same pump that doesn't do this, but what about when I have to take a long trip and this happens ... I am going to see what the dealership will do next week because it is getting pretty damn annoying now ...

boxofrokx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had 5 loaner trucks over the last 5 months, 4 NBS, 1 classic. I have had this problem worse on the NBS than the classic. I own a '15 power wagon. Never had that problem with it.