Remote Commands (Start, Lock, etc.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my 2018 Ram Laramie last December and have had an issue every since with the remote commands in the UConnect App and on mopar.com . I have talked to UConnect/SiriusXM/FCA and there is still no solution.

According to FCA there is a major update coming out that should resolve it, but it has been almost a year and I have not been able to use one of the features that I was really looking forward to.

I have talked to Apple, and they continue to release updates for the application. I have talked numerous times to SiriusXM Guardian support, UConnect support and my dealer. All of them point the finger at each other.

Really just trying to figure out if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
My iPhone prompted me for an update to the Uconnect app this morning. Did you get the update and try starting it since?

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I just remote unlocked my 2018 2500, and also remote started it, both with the Uconnect app.

I have an iPhone 6s with iOS version 12.0, I haven’t updated to the latest iOS version yet. Is that where the problem is, the latest iOS version?

OP
OP
B

Brewdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am fully up to date on the iPhone OS and the Uconnect app. The thing I have found is that from the mopar.com website there is an option for remote start and it is not working either.

So I'm wondering if it is something in the hardware, or if there is something going on with my Guardian account.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Bought my 2018 Ram Laramie last December and have had an issue every since with the remote commands in the UConnect App and on mopar.com . I have talked to UConnect/SiriusXM/FCA and there is still no solution.

According to FCA there is a major update coming out that should resolve it, but it has been almost a year and I have not been able to use one of the features that I was really looking forward to.

I have talked to Apple, and they continue to release updates for the application. I have talked numerous times to SiriusXM Guardian support, UConnect support and my dealer. All of them point the finger at each other.

Really just trying to figure out if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it.
Just to clarify so we can take this off the table, did your truck come from the factory with remote start, or was it dealer activated?

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Do you have the correct Guardian package? The “convenience & security” package includes the remote functions. I think you should have received one free year of it.

The other packages don’t include remote functions. Maybe RamCares on the forum here can help.

Has your dealer done anything? Does your xm radio work? I’m thinking about the shark fin antenna, has the dealer pulled the radio and checked the connections?

OP
OP
B

Brewdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I have the correct package.

The dealer has done nothing other than trying to update the software on the radio. The XM Radio works fine.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Try sending a private message to username ‘RamCares’ here on the forum, it’s Ram customer care.

They will open a case for you to address the problem. They may respond to this thread if they see it. Maybe they can help.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Just a random thought but, you are using the blue Uconnect app? version 3.3.1 is the latest.

I noticed there two blue Uconnect apps in the App Store, one is for 2017 only and one is for 2018 and up. There’s also a black app that’s for older model years.

OP
OP
B

Brewdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have uninstalled the app numerous times. The reason I don't think it is related to the app is because it does the same thing from the mopar.com website on my computer.

marks146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I had the same issues as you. Nothing would work. Not the home computer, not the app on my iPhone 6S. Only the key fob.

I called "assist" and they asked all the same questions you were just asked about your system. Then they had me do a reset using the red and blue temperature arrow buttons with the truck put in the accessory on mode. Once the reset was done they had me shut off, open and close my drivers door and restart the truck. This caused the reset and the system has been working since.

The folks at "assist" were VERY helpful. They even called me back a few days later to ask if the fix was still working. Now that's customer service. They couldn't be any more helpful. If what I just told you won't work, call "assist" by pushing the button on your mirror and they should be able to get you going.