Removing light scratches from tree branches??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody know of anything I could do or use to fix these long white scratches i got from driving through the woods and branches scratching up the paint. I tried a turtle was scratch remover with no luck, am i screwed or is there an easy way to fix this?

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you go to the dealer they have little paint bottles that looks like a sharpie or magic marker and u just color over it with that and you should be good

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might wanna try a better quality scratch remover, like Mequiar's ScratchX or use this method with a couple Adam's products.

[yt]ZwZ2Tw9OrRo#![/yt]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Rule of thumb is if you can feel them with your finger nail, they aint coming out. Generally your only chance to get them out past that is wet sanding it, and then buffing the wet sanding scuffs out. Even if the branch didn't go to primer or past, it probably went through the clear coat. If it went through the clear coat, you will need to be painted. I wouldn't mess with it if I was you, take it to your local high end detailer and he will be able to tell you if he can get it out. It wont cost that much if it can be done, and they are responsible if they buff through your paint.

Last edited:

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If it isn't through the clear coat get a little 3M rubbing compound (a little on the expensive side) Will buff out any scratches but must be used sparingly because it tears the clear coat a new one. Rubbing compound will take anything out of the clearcoat.