replacement horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poormarky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn
Engine
Cummins
This probably has been discussed but I haven't found it. I have a 2021 3500 Laramie long horn. My horns sound so wimpy most of the time people don't seem to hear them. What has anyone use used for plug in replacements that are loud and fit in the mounting area. Thanks in advance

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get an electronic air horn. Whelen and Carson make a module. Speaker in the grill. I have an industrial clipper switch on the floor to activate it. Gets their attention.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This probably has been discussed but I haven't found it. I have a 2021 3500 Laramie long horn. My horns sound so wimpy most of the time people don't seem to hear them. What has anyone use used for plug in replacements that are loud and fit in the mounting area. Thanks in advance
Don't be "that guy". Where/what are you doing that requires you to honk at people all day? I don't remember the last time I used mine for anything other that signaling the wife to "hurry up".

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't be "that guy". Where/what are you doing that requires you to honk at people all day? I don't remember the last time I used mine for anything other that signaling the wife to "hurry up".
LOL, what makes you think he honks at people every day to ask about better sounding horns? Maybe he just dont like the sound of the stock ones.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a set of these PIAA Superiors that sound pretty good and are louder than stock on my 4th Gen. Not sure if these exact ones will fit your truck or not.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL, what makes you think he honks at people every day to ask about better sounding horns? Maybe he just dont like the sound of the stock ones.
"My horns sound so wimpy most of the time people don't seem to hear them. What has anyone use used for plug in replacements that are loud and fit in the mounting area."

Umm... maybe because I read his post. Just a guess.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazon has some 600 db horns, right next to the 30000 lumen headlights.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
A man asks a legitimate question and you assume something and you answer like that, contributes nothing.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"My horns sound so wimpy most of the time people don't seem to hear them. What has anyone use used for plug in replacements that are loud and fit in the mounting area."

Umm... maybe because I read his post. Just a guess.
That still doesn’t necessarily mean he’s just out there honking at everybody for no apparent reason.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A man asks a legitimate question and you assume something and you answer like that contributes nothing.
A man replies to a question in a manner that doesn't befit you, so you decide to add a post that doesn't contribute anything to the thread.

I'd call that a tie. :cheers:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
A tie? Didn't know it was a contest. But I'll share the beer. :licklips:

Forum rule #5
Please keep all posts related to the original poster's (OPs) thread topic and all threads in appropriate sections.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I so dislike my 2016 Ram horn

Being that the horn is under the steering wheels Air Bag
You have to push HARD & because the sound of the horn is purposely delayed
what you mean to be a gentle warning to that person on a bike that is riding in the lane & sort of weaving.
The Ram's Horn blasts so angrily, that the cyclist swallows his gum & runs into a parked vehicle.
I want to remove the Rams horns & install a set of VW horns, or something similar

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Get a "train " air horn kit. Mount the horns under the truck, use the regular horn wires/connection to activate them with the factory horn button!. ALWAYS Remember the 3 Second driving distance rule, and look way down the road as you drive to see what others are doing. It is called the "Smith System of Driving". Figure out whether you want to change the sound ( you never use it in anger - you just use it to admire its sound) or YOU are a problem, I won't say "THE" problem, because as it has been said here that the readers of your question do not know "how often you NEED to use it, or how often YOU do use IT!!!! Is that a better way to say it????? I would venture to say that if someone walked down the road about an 1/8 mile away, and your horn was "engaged" they would probably be able to here it. What I did on my vehicles, to get a more distinctive sound (that made me smile) was to add an old school burglar alarm horn in series to the O.E. horn. Amazon has an Avital brand part no. 514L (ASIN no. B077VFXQu6for $10.95 (Horn with wires) For those that want a gentle horn, on our Motorcycles I replaced the stock one with a universal one from NAPA part no. 7301043.
PS; two short beeps is much more "friendly" sounding than a push the horn button thru the steering column blast. Improved driving skills can always help. No one is to old to learn.

Last edited:

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am also looking to upgrade my horn, so judge if you like. I commute through Los Angeles down town traffic daily, sometimes taking 90-95 minutes to cover 15 miles. There are close calls constantly, people run red lights, "pedestrians" on the freeways (or as they have come to be called "our unhoused neighbors) . I might hit my horn once or twice a week, but the last time a fellow on his phone merged on my wife's side, and the horn didn't even get his attention. My wife stated that I need something more attention grabbing.

I am looking at the PIAA dual notes myself.