Replacement rear shocks for 1500 with Air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi drifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Limited
Engine
Hemi
I've got a 2018 1500 4x4 with air ride suspension (which I love now that I've figured out all it's quirks) and the rear shocks are blown and need urgent replacing. In my rather extensive research the only company's that I've found that make "air ride specific" shocks are OEM, and Monroe. Not a lot of options sadly. I drive kind of aggressive/sporty on road and was hoping to upgrade my shocks to something with a little more damping like a KYB or Bilstein, but all of their shocks have the little "W/O air suspension" blurb, and they don't list any for air ride :/
The air suspension has been around for nearly 10 years now so I'm assuming a ton of guys have had to change them. What have you found? Are you happy with whatever you ended up using? Or have any of you just said "screw it", and bolted on "regular" shocks with success? Really appreciate the input and hope this will help others as well. So far I've only found 2 threads that touched on this subject, and neither was of much help for my situation.
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hemi drifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Limited
Engine
Hemi
So, after even more research, I've found two more options!
This one is a "premium" shock supposedly designed by Eibach;

And this one is also a "premium" option, but of a different design;

Found both of them on the Arnott website which also lists aftermarket air "coils" for our air ride equipped trucks for much less than oem;

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to try either of these yet?

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running the KYB and did run the Rancho 9000 previously. You can use the regular shocks. You just need to pick shocks that are to the stiffness you prefer. The KYB are really soft, Bilsteins are pretty stiff most are somewhere in the middle.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just did Blistein rears...for my peace of mind..better than stock allegedly...can’t tell..lol

OP
OP
H

Hemi drifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Limited
Engine
Hemi
I'm running the KYB and did run the Rancho 9000 previously. You can use the regular shocks. You just need to pick shocks that are to the stiffness you prefer. The KYB are really soft, Bilsteins are pretty stiff most are somewhere in the middle.
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. And good to know that the shocks for the coil springs will work as well. What did you think of the Rancho's btw?

OP
OP
H

Hemi drifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Limited
Engine
Hemi
Just did Blistein rears...for my peace of mind..better than stock allegedly...can’t tell..lol
Dave do you have the Air ride suspension? Looks like you've got a 2021 Warlock from what I can tell from your profile.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No just not in my budget unfortunately..Yep 2021 Warlock,Vararam, Fowmaster 2 exhaust, Crutchfield speaker upgrade, rear seat delete for my 4 leggers and to much dress up..lol