Reverse problem (Sometimes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V6SportBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.9
So I have bought my grandpas truck he bought from the show room floor in 1999, Problem happens once in awhile..

The problem is that when I put the truck in reverse it stumbles very bad and usually dies... Truck will fire right back up like nothing happened and sometimes its fine but then sometimes I have to feather the throttle only in reverse to make sure it stays running or it will drop revs and die again.
(Almost as if the fuel gets cut off)

Also sometimes I dont get a chance to try save it. It will very rarely just die and wont give me the chance to keep it alive.

In drive the truck doesnt have any problem and drives great, shifts great, idles great and doesnt make any noise whatsoever.

Truck has been very very well maintained but wasn't driven for a couple months before I got it. It also didnt have this problem when my grandpa was alive still driving it.

Truck is a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport V6 2WD Automatic. If anyone can give me a few idea what to look for that would be great!

Last edited:

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Get your hands on a repair manual for that year believe me its money well spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007