RF hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougstattoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,I have a 2013 ram 1500,havnt bean able to start the girl in over a month.new ignition switch,new key,all wires are good,,all that I can get to anyway..lol..fuses,,tipm..all in good shape..if I bypass the starter relay it will turn over,won't start.have power everywhere but no dash on at all.bypassed fuel pump,,nothing thare..only thing I see is no spark,thinking it's in anti theft mood now..my main question is,,is thare a way to bypass the RF hub?or what would happen if I just took it out completly?and wired up a normal push button start?any help would would be great,,I'm at a lose ware to go next..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that the RF Hub is mounted on the rear wall of the cab

This explains about 2 different types of RF Hubs

I won't try to decipher anything Electronic, its over my head

Doug, may i suggest instead of throwing new parts at your Ram & hoping something works.

Spend your money on Scanner, the more advanced the better

several members are happy with the

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows​

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
With the OBD and Alfa Program you have full access to your RF Hub to reset it

OP
OP
D

dougstattoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the info guys.i have thought about getting a better scanner,I only have a cheep walmart one right now.the only thing I'm thinking is how would it read the truck?seeing that I'm not even able to put it in accessory or do anything with the key n ignition,,only way to get it to turn over is by the starter relay or wired straight to the starter..the truck does have power but nothing comes on and key does nothing...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
if I bypass the starter relay it will turn over,won't start
according to my buddy who was a former Dodge mechanic, there is only a few seconds that the ECM will actually allow the engine to start after the starter is engaged. It took two of use to get his '08 Dodge started when the TIPM went bad (wouldn't engage starter).

OP
OP
D

dougstattoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Few seconds??not much time to mess around thare..lol..may I ask how you eventually got it to start?I can get the starter to turn all day long,,to me it seems like the truck isn't allowing spark to the coil packs,,also to the other response,I havnt gotten anything from them but I have heard of them,took a look at thare web,good stuff,just alittle out of my price range at the moment,one reason I havnt taking it to a dealership yet..dont really have an extra grand or so to dish out at once..kindof why I've bean trying all thies other things one at a time..appreciate the info on them tho...

OP
OP
D

dougstattoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys.so I had a friend of mine that brought over a good scanner,hooked up a toggle switch that supplied enough power for him to get a reading,kindof pointed to the RF hub,,but also the BCM,,were thinking anyway...now I hooked up my toggle switch to the harness(clip)that pugs into the RF hub,got power down to the the area under the driver dash,ware it would go to the ECM,oh..and without the toggle it wouldn't supplier power,,now with the power,on the other side of the fire wall,,thare was still no power to the ignition wire,,pink/white..so I ran a wire straight from inside the truck ware thare was power to the ignition wire and attached it to the ignition wire in the engine compartment, and got power to the wire now..would this be the RF hub being bad??or would it be the ECM??can't seem to figure out which one needs to be replaced,,any,,,any help would be greatly...appreciated basically my plan is to replace the one that's bad,,,save alittle money..than bring it to the dealership to have everything reprogramed...

OP
OP
D

dougstattoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry meant to add thies picks to help see what I'm talking about..

Attachments

• 20230507_210127.jpg
    20230507_210127.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230507_210207.jpg
    20230507_210207.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230507_210054.jpg
    20230507_210054.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 15

dannyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,I have a 2013 ram 1500,havnt bean able to start the girl in over a month.new ignition switch,new key,all wires are good,,all that I can get to anyway..lol..fuses,,tipm..all in good shape..if I bypass the starter relay it will turn over,won't start.have power everywhere but no dash on at all.bypassed fuel pump,,nothing thare..only thing I see is no spark,thinking it's in anti theft mood now..my main question is,,is thare a way to bypass the RF hub?or what would happen if I just took it out completly?and wired up a normal push button start?any help would would be great,,I'm at a lose ware to go next..
From your symptoms it seems that there's a good chance your RF Hub is having issues and needs to be replaced. The RF Hub is responsible for the security clearance when starting your vehicle, it's a good sign that it's cranking manually.
There is a place South Texas that deals in the Electronix in our Rams
With everything that you purchased, you may have bought something from them already

I appreciate the shoutout Mr GTYankee, It's been a couple years since I've been active here but I am trying to assist any and all Ram owners that we are able to help out.