ricers kicking my ass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
has any thing came out to boost the trucks a little ? chips or any of that ? i have a kn intake and flowmaster cat back but other then that i am stock, any thing else i can do to get the jump on the ricers out side of headers ?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really.... Headers would be the only option due to your yr not having a tuner or gear option.....

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i don't think there are aftermarket options for gears yet so you could try to get r/t 4.10 gears.

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are you really struggling with ricers? what gears do you have? A efan can free up some rotating mass, thats another simple and cost effective mod, we dont have a tuner yet so it will come on at the stock set temp

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes he does have options for gears:Wedgie: all he has to do is find a later year axle swap it with his and them put the gears in the new axle:birgits_tiredcoffee

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Why doesn't he then just find a later year model ram and swap it for his then tune that with a programmer Lol

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
R/T gears, R/T torque converter, long tube headers, and some nitrous(don't have to tune if you stay under a 100 shot). And what ricers are you struggling with?

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
unless they have a evo or a wrx sti you should be able to beat civics and other ricer junk. with a stock hemi, hell i beat on rice with my 5.9

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have that same problem. Except BMW beats me.

And really everything else...

Jk

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
well here is an example, the other day i was in town and this saturn something pulled up beside me, he didnt know i was going to race him, i didnt rev or any thing, i took tc off and when the light went green i jammed it and made it to the other light way before him, how ever this time he knew what was up so when the light went green we jammed it and believe it or not he had a half car on me from the start then then a whole car on me but after the truck built up some i then took him but off the gate just about any thing can take me, i got spanked by an older bmw not sure if it was an m3 or what series it was but i know it does not have any work done to it, its an guy i used to talk to and they are to lazy to tune.

i need something that gets me the jump off the line, would love a super charger but no money for that, i want to do headers but i have read alot of vary conflicting things on these sight some say jba's you just bolt on and go, some say you need a wire, hell some of you say to get a tuner and i know their is not one out yet ( last i read ) and some of you say they arnt out so idk what is truth and what isnt hence why i have not bought the headers yet

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sell your truck and buy an American muscle car. Problem solved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Headers are fine on your motor. And they help. Period. But it seams like you have a very HIGH gearing. Wat is your gear set now.?

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)