...ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
...so the saga continues and comments re P rated and tire brands appreciated...today I went to the dodge dealer and test drove a truck almost like mine with the goodyear wranglers but with 265/70 by 17 and compared to my tire noise was down 15-20 percent but ride quality improved only 10-15%...got home and went on Amazon and ordered an air seat truck cushion and will try that first before switching out wheels/tires...

If you get a set of Rebel wheels, you can go up to a P285/70/17 and the ride should be a bit softer yet.
Plus you won't have to change anything so that your speedo reads correctly.
Also they are a good looking wheel :)

I had Mich. Defender LT285/70/17 on stock 17 x 7" wheels and the ride was decent, however the handling was not optimal when hitting a bump or the brakes hard during a sharp bend or turn. 7" wide wheel was just a bit too narrow for that big tire.

Last edited:

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...hello guys, so i have a 2019 ram single cab classic with 2 wheel drive and 6 cylinder engine and happy with my truck except ride coulld be smoother...it came with a tradesman package that included 20 inch wheels and 60 series tires...would someone have experience re changes to an eg 17 inch wheel and perhaps 75 series to improve ride as i have a back problem ?
Yes, higher profile tires will soften the ride, as will running a few less psi.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca