RIPP Superchargers are COMING for the Pentastar Ram's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrRickbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, most of you may know that RIPP has been making superchargers for the HEMI engine Ram's for awhile now. As well as they make superchargers for the 3.6 Pentastar Jeep's, Challenger's, Charger's, and 300's; which are capable of up to 440 RWHP and about 350 TQ. I emailed RIPP today asking about the Ram's and received a reply within an hour, they stated that they are in the process of developing a kit for the 3.6 Pentastar engines. In the reply, they stated that it should be about 6-8 months away. Now I know there are other superchargers available for the Ram's Pentastar, but from what I have seen, they are only about 350 RWHP and 330 TQ.

Just wanted to pass the info!

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I wonder what real mpg would be. That would be best of both world. Faster, lighter, stronger.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I wonder what real mpg would be. That would be best of both world. Faster, lighter, stronger.

Be a lot of money just to get slightly better than Hemi level performance. The mileage would probably be on par with a stock Hemi truck, maybe a bit better if you drove it sensibly.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Will the transmission hold up to this ?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very curious to see the price and the gas mileage associated. Both are going to be big factors of consideration for v6 owners as that's typically the reason for not going with the hemi. I'd imagine they thought it out pretty well to make this bold move on that customer base. Hell, it's hard sometimes to get manufacturers to make units for V8's when there's a known demand. Look how long it took Whipple... Granted they may have been in R&D with other vehicles kes first that they deemed had a larger demand.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

That may be an issue since the v6 trucks use the 8HP45 rated at roughly 350 ft/lbs. the HEMI trucks use the 8HP70 rated at 516 ft/lbs. those are constant torque ratings not max ratings though so they will handle more than that.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have been looking into them and I'm glad there's another company in the mix. Not something I would do until my warranty is out though... Unless the price was way lower than the 5k I've been seeing.

OP
OP
MrRickbo

MrRickbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Not sure which transmission you have but the 8HP45 which is what I have, is very similar to the 8HP70 in performance and power rating, just a little longer. But, from what I read about the 8HP45 transmissions is they are used in the cars as well as trucks just under a different number. The transmissions are even used by Benz, and Porsche.

It looks like they can take it.

https://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/ZF8.html

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Not sure which transmission you have but the 8HP45 which is what I have, is very similar to the 8HP70 in performance and power rating, just a little longer. But, from what I read about the 8HP45 transmissions is they are used in the cars as well as trucks just under a different number. The transmissions are even used by Benz, and Porsche.

It looks like they can take it.

https://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/ZF8.html

The 8HP45/845RE are rated at about 150ft/lbs less than the 8HP70, the last 2 numbers in the designation are its torque rating in nm. So the 45 is 450nm and 70 is 700nm. The 8HP45/845RE are used in cars and trucks with the v6. Anything with the HEMI or eco diesel use the 8HP70.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only one way to find out if it will handle the power. If not, have the tranny built up. Keep us posted. Just a friendly reminder, the S-Trim vortech that ripp uses is vortechs bottom of the line blower. They wont produce much more than 10lbs of boost.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be a lot of money just to get slightly better than Hemi level performance. The mileage would probably be on par with a stock Hemi truck, maybe a bit better if you drove it sensibly.

But it will sound awesome with the supercharger!!!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had a RIPP on my 3.6 in my wrangler, loved it made the jeep more fun to drive, but i traded that for the ram and couldn't be happier

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What about long-term reliability?

The tunes that come with most superchargers are pretty mild cause they don't want to sell something that gonna blow up a customers engine.... now if you get a custom tune and crank up the boost then yeah you might have problems in the long term.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a ProCharger on my V6 Mustang. Beautiful car. Well equipped. Performance Pac. Aluminum drive shaft. Same 6 speed manual as the GTs

After a while I wanted more HP. I want to be the first person to the crash site.

The Mustang weighs 3560. It make sense in that application. The gas mileage, if you stay below 2800 rpm, where the boost straits, the mpg is 30+. Even if I beat on it, I’ll get 22.

Centrifugal super chargers are al about top end, and tend to be gentle on tranny’s.

If I wanted more power in a heavy Ram tho, I’d get a new 5.7-8-3.92 positrac.