Transfer Flow replacement tank for the 6.4 gas engine - coming soon? We are close, need your assistance....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all. I signed up on an interest list for a replacement tank for our trucks.

I just received this email:

"Thank you for submitting a product request for the gas RAM 2500/3500 replacement tank. Due to the many requests received, Transfer Flow is considering moving forward with this project! Your input is important to our decision. Please take a few minutes to answer the following questions."

We really need this to come through, go on thier website right now and express interest if you too are wantinga larger tank.

MantaRay67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just parroted the same request! More interest will solidify them moving forward. 40 (+10) or 50 gal (+20) would be worth the $1K+ price tag. I also carry two additional 5 gal cans due to the lack of range (especially while towing) and fueling generators.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will put my vote for it also on their page. While I would love to have a larger capacity fuel tank, realistically could probably never justify spending $2,000+ but it would nice to at least have that option available if something changed for me in the future. If I towed more, or simply did the overlanding type thing out west, could definitely see the advantage. However where I live and for most places I drive or tow to, it's rare to ever be more than 10-15 miles between gas stations. My biggest issue is just having to stop more frequently than wanting to, or having to stop to fuel up 30 miles from home because you just can't make it all the way.

Scooter123456

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I just filled it out as well. Thanks for letting us know about the website. Hopefully it will come to fruition!

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I can see the attraction for HD trucks that tow a lot. But for a PW, specifically, I won’t do it unless they can pull it off without making the tank bottom lower. Which I doubt. The factory tank skid is already at the point of controlling breakover angle.

edtoolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I would love to have a bigger full tank.
So I did one also.

Reese917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I emailed transfer flow today on whim to see if they were still working on this… here is what I got.

“Thank you for reaching out. We have just begun this project, but it is moving forward. I’m happy to add you to our contact list for this project. Please send me your vehicle information, and we will let you know when we have more information.”

I’m still hopeful for the future.

OP
OP
Adventurebound

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I emailed transfer flow today on whim to see if they were still working on this… here is what I got.

“Thank you for reaching out. We have just begun this project, but it is moving forward. I’m happy to add you to our contact list for this project. Please send me your vehicle information, and we will let you know when we have more information.”

I’m still hopeful for the future.
Thanks for providing the update.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't know much about their gas tanks, but I ran a 70 gallon diesel transfer tank/toolbox combo with their Trax 3 auto transfer switch/monitor in my old F250 and it was solid! Had a small hiccup with my fuel gauge 3 years after it was installed and their tech support walked me through tracking down and repairing a bad ground in my wiring harness with zero issues. We stayed on the phone for 2 hrs doing troubleshooting and he didn't give up until we had it fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500