Rock Tamer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frogwash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just purchased a Rock Tamer and mounted it on a 2017 Ram 1500 (with the dual exhaust (sorta) our the rear. has 2 radiused areas in the bumper)... Has anyone used these w/o doing some type of exhaust mod? I know there is plate that you can mount on the flap that is actually elevated off the surface of the flap for cooling. I have also seen the round portholes that can be mounted on the flap itself.

I am thinking of just replacing the current exhast tips with downturned tips.... Looks like there is about 3 to 4 inches between the exhaust tip and mudflap.

Ideas?

Thanks

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
rocktamers are a pain in the ass.mine don't allow my rear flip up step to fully deploy and i can't use them with my weight distribution hitch.i only use them for winter to keep from spraying road sand/gravel on to passing cars as a courtesy.if i were you i'd just let the exhaust blast away.

OP
OP
F

frogwash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Luckily I don't have a flip up step (but have thought about getting one) and my distribution hitch seems to fit perfectly with the Tamer. I like the idea behind the Tamer but I can see some drawbacks. I really don't want to mod my exhaust system.. $$$..! But I have a feeling it's going to come down to that.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7