Rough Country 6" Lift with N3 Struts-**Problem**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Flores

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's up guys,

I just had my 2018 4wd Express 5.7 lifted this weekend. The lift was installed by some awesome guys at Pocono 4 Wheel Drive in Stroudsburg PA. The only issue I have with this kit, is that I now have a small rake. The front measures (mid hub to bottom of fender) 26.5". However, in the back measures 29". Has anyone had this issue with this kit or did I screw up by choosing RC? I thought the truck would be leveled.

I was thinking of adding a 2.5" strut spacers. Thoughts?

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have Bils set at 2.8 on RC 6" lift and was thinking of doing the N3 6" strut too. Was thinking about your issue also. I would think a top spacer would be the only way to compensate the leveling quality of the Bils.

OP
OP
Frank Flores

Frank Flores

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just watched this video and it made me think. I called my guy and he said he could do it and he’ll make sure that he adjusts entire front end, but I was still concerned. So, I called RC, they said not to stack. So, I’m wondering if I should just live with the rake. Here’s the video (can stacking be done on a 6” aftermarket strut )

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
The video sounds like what RC is saying not to do, and what would have to be done to get rid of the rake.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
What's up guys,

I just had my 2018 4wd Express 5.7 lifted this weekend. The lift was installed by some awesome guys at Pocono 4 Wheel Drive in Stroudsburg PA. The only issue I have with this kit, is that I now have a small rake. The front measures (mid hub to bottom of fender) 26.5". However, in the back measures 29". Has anyone had this issue with this kit or did I screw up by choosing RC? I thought the truck would be leveled.

I was thinking of adding a 2.5" strut spacers. Thoughts?

Pics!!!

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
When I had my 4" RC lift put in they actually lifted the front 4" and the rear 2" to make it level. I think that was an option for the lift. I told them I wanted it level.

OP
OP
Frank Flores

Frank Flores

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I think we figured out the problem. Prior to installing my RC 6 inch lift kit, I had previously installed 2.5 inch Ready Lift leveling kit. This leveling kit came with both the strut pucks as well as 1.5 inch spring isolators/spacers for the back. So, apparently when they removed the leveling kit they never removed the isolators. This is what’s giving me the extra ride height in the back. I just ordered OEM isolators from all Mopar parts.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So, I think we figured out the problem. Prior to installing my RC 6 inch lift kit, I had previously installed 2.5 inch Ready Lift leveling kit. This leveling kit came with both the strut pucks as well as 1.5 inch spring isolators/spacers for the back. So, apparently when they removed the leveling kit they never removed the isolators. This is what’s giving me the extra ride height in the back. I just ordered OEM isolators from all Mopar parts.

I've debated lifting my rear another 1.5" to give a slight rake. It's the new lifted trend :D

MoparJ15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Was gonna say, my 6" RC lift had everything perfectly level.

OP
OP
Frank Flores

Frank Flores

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah...it’s perfect now. Once I removed the 1.5” lift in the rear. It sits perfect now.

Bill Lee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got the 6" RC lift with lifted struts and have no issues. It rides great and is levelIMG_1674.jpg . I also have 37's with 3.21 gears and it has plenty of power for what it is.

OP
OP
Frank Flores

Frank Flores

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet looking truck Bill Lee! What’s the offset on the wheel? Any rub?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm gonna agree on the rake situation, originally my truck was lifted by RC and had a spacer up front to retain the stock struts but the ride quality was rough so I switched over to the N3 Struts up front and I think my truck has a slight rake to it. Enough to notice from the outside but not enough to care. It helps a good bit when towing a boat. My issue with RC is how squeaky the suspension is. I probably need to start replacing bushings in places but have no clue where to start on that.