RT Replicas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Been watching SRT10 wheels on oewheelsllc.com for awhile trying to make up my mind on what I want to do on my truck and just noticed they have RT Replicas now just thought I would share for those of you who might be interested. Sorry if this has been posted in the past as I am not on here much.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Weight on them is 44lbs each according to their rep if anyone is interested in that info.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weight on them is 44lbs each according to their rep if anyone is interested in that info.

Man I have got to switch my wheels out!!
my current setup is near twice that. Granded thats with rubber. I doubt my tires are 44lbs each....

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Man I have got to switch my wheels out!!
my current setup is near twice that. Granded thats with rubber. I doubt my tires are 44lbs each....

305/45/22's average about 50lbs per tire...sorry. lol

Last edited:

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
Un sprung weight, your fine. :)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Huh? Unsprung weight is bad.

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Huh? Unsprung weight is bad.

Most of us are just trying to make our RAMs look way better than stock and get maximum street performance...not trying to improve our pickup's 1/4 mile times or the speed going through the traps...

The additional 44 lbs for all four RT replicas is totally worth it, since the stockers are hard to find and about three - four times the cost...

Come on....they look really, really cool...:waytogo:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You would be surprised at how much 44lbs of unsprung wieght makes a stock truck feel sluggish, even if you aren't trying to get the most performance or running down the strip. It's like plusing up in your tire size or going to an E load rating from standard you feel that for sure and it isn't that much of a change.

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My six year old boy weighs about 44 lbs...and when he is riding in my crew cab, even with his iPad, my truck does not "feel" sluggish...

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
My six year old boy weighs about 44 lbs...and when he is riding in my crew cab, even with his iPad, my truck does not "feel" sluggish...

Lol...

Attachments

• spit.gif
    spit.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 143

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny but not the same thing rotational mass is somthing completely different than weight of a payload. For kicks think of it like this, hold a 10lb weight now rotate your arm around as fast as you can, that weight will feel much heavier as its rotating because the G forces being applied to that wieght is physically making it heavier. Same thing with wheels and tires.

Last edited:

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Funny but not the same thing rotational mass is somthing completely different than weight of a payload. For kicks think of it like this, hold a 10lb weight now rotate your arm around as fast as you can, that weight will feel much heavier as its rotating because the G forces being applied to that wieght is physically making it heavier. Same thing with wheels and tires.

It is not the same for wheels...and tires...Hold that 10 lb weight closer to your body (the wheels) and the effect is negligible...hold that wait at arms length, away from your body (the tires) and the effect is dramatic...It is more important, as it relates to rotational mass, to make something as light as possible on the OUTER edge, rather than near the wheel center.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are right outer edge is were you would want to make changes but if you are going up in wheel size you will have to go up in tire size as well, meaning more materials to keep a low profile tire strong enough for these trucks. Without getting into racing tires you will be hard press to find a drastically lighter tire than you are running now.
At speed even an increase at the hub is going to make a difference. Speeding up and slowing down will feel different and really not everyone will notice but its there. Most people that pay any kind of attention to their vehicle will notice, but that was my experience as an ASE certified tech, tire and wheel sales, and motor sport enthusist.

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Without getting into racing tires you will be hard press to find a drastically lighter tire than you are running now.

My truck came with 275/60 R20 Goodyear Wrangler SRA - 40 lbs each...

My 305/45 R22 Yokohama Prada Spec X (better load index and speed rating) - 44 lbs each...

4 lb difference - heavier on the outside diameter of the wheel with the wider Yokohama tires (they are the same height)

My point is that the replicas are dramatically heavier at the hub, where there is more metal, and where it makes the least amount of difference...about the same amount of difference (seat of the pants difference) as hauling my six year old around in my back seat...

I think you might be peppering a taller tire (outside diameter) with a lower final gear ratio, which definitely would make the vehicle feel "sluggish"...especially if your truck came with 3:21's...

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is defiently a mechanical advantage in the mix there as well but I'm not talking about just my pickup or any vehicle in particular really, its anytime you start adding rotational mass to your vehicle you are going to feel that change.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Most of us are just trying to make our RAMs look way better than stock and get maximum street performance...not trying to improve our pickup's 1/4 mile times or the speed going through the traps...

I wonder why so many think a "street performance" Ram is different than a track truck built for better 1/4 mile performance???

I built my truck primarily for better E/T's,
But it would crush, even humiliate almost anyone thinking it won't out perform someone who thinks they have the ultimate "street fighter".

417_zps45ff7635.jpg

I do know for a fact my truck is a half second faster in the quarter on my 17's with drag radials vs my street tires on stock 20's.

Part of that due to the effective gear ratio, partly due to better traction, but mostly because I shave 120lbs in rotational mass.

a second on the track may not seem like much,
but it's as much as 10 truck lengths over just 1320 feet.

There's a very good reason most of the guys with the fastest trucks (street or strip)
run 17's at the track and leave their 20's at home.

th_sept6-3_zpsffac9297.jpg th_BRH_zps21c46c0a.jpg

Last edited:

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
There's a very good reason most of the guys with the fastest trucks run 17's at the track and leave their 20's at home.

And there is a very good reason most of the guys with the fastest trucks leave their 17's at the track and run their 20's (or 22's) on the way home.

A very high percentage of RAM owners are not going to the local RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG event every Friday night...as much fun as that may be...

Most of us just want our RAMs to haul ass and look really, really cool doing it...

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI

I didn't really look at your pictures...0 - 60 in 4.2 seconds is super impressive...but the majority of us are not looking for that kind of performance in a pickup...that would be sweet in a Challenger or Charger.