Rubber Dust Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys!! So I finally made the purchase of projector headlights[emoji122] now it’s time to buy HIDs. Which do you guys prefer? Also my headlights came with a rubber flexible dust cap, which way is the best way to cut the hole in it for the rubber grommet and wiring? I know most ppl have hard plastic screw on dust caps. I went with these guys....

74cba8a43332696f0a7a5aa7fbf14aae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You’ll probably be best off using something like a holesaw. Normally twist type bits do not make a good hole in rubber.

OP
OP
SwollenMonkey16

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’ll probably be best off using something like a holesaw. Normally twist type bits do not make a good hole in rubber.

Thanks. I didn’t know if a holesaw would be able to cut a nice hole since it’s flexible rubber so wanted to double check

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use a drill bit. The rubber will stretch enough to get wire through making a tight fit. If your talking about the grommet that the headlight plug wire goes through. Just cut to the center in one straight line slip wires to center and stuff it in the hole. Then use silicone to seal for extra waterproofing. When working with rubber and water proofing leave as much material as you can.

OP
OP
SwollenMonkey16

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use a drill bit. The rubber will stretch enough to get wire through making a tight fit. If your talking about the grommet that the headlight plug wire goes through. Just cut to the center in one straight line slip wires to center and stuff it in the hole. Then use silicone to seal for extra waterproofing. When working with rubber and water proofing leave as much material as you can.

Thanks man that helps a lot!!!!