Satisfied w/ 6 Speaker "Sound," Not LOUD Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qdude79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
'22 Big Horn. I'm good with the sound I'm getting, for a stock stereo system, but it's not much with the windows down (I know, "put windows up"). I'm guessing that adding power to what are likely 8ohm stockers is probably not worth it, what other setups are being used? Where are you planting your amp(s)?

Superslow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put both my amps on the back wall drive side. I dont have E-torque so no battery to deal with.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'22 Big Horn. I'm good with the sound I'm getting, for a stock stereo system, but it's not much with the windows down (I know, "put windows up"). I'm guessing that adding power to what are likely 8ohm stockers is probably not worth it, what other setups are being used? Where are you planting your amp(s)?
1: Swap all speakers and amp it.
2: Rock out!

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I did a speaker swap on my 2018 Bighorn and it made a difference.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Yep, I put in 6 Kenwood speakers on my old 4Gen Tradesman and it made a world of difference. Try that before committing to an amp. On my current 2022 Bighorn with the "Alpine" system, I swapped out the rear door and dash speakers with Infinity Ref speakers. Again, it made a huge difference. The stock speakers are good, but not great. Generic Chinese stuff. It's amazing how a simple speaker swap can improve the quality and volume.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@SitKneelBend posted on how to access the radio on a 4th Gen with Alfaobd and changing the loudness setting. Doing that along with a speaker swap made a world of difference for me. Just an FYI iirc you need a security bypass that goes in behind the radio

Khalifa45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Backcountry
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed 4 Polk Audio 6x9's in the doors today in my 2022 Bighorn with the six speaker stock setup. Major difference. I have some Xfinity dash speakers ordered. Got everything through the Crutchfield site.

Hardest part was putting the door panels back on by myself. Even my wife who is clueless to audio noticed the difference and asked about swapping her speakers out in her Ford Escape.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed 4 Polk Audio 6x9's in the doors today in my 2022 Bighorn with the six speaker stock setup. Major difference. I have some Xfinity dash speakers ordered. Got everything through the Crutchfield site.

Hardest part was putting the door panels back on by myself. Even my wife who is clueless to audio noticed the difference and asked about swapping her speakers out in her Ford Escape.
Did you have to get any adapters for the polk wiring to hook up to the stock wiring? I have a My 19 with standard 6 speaker, reason for question. I looked, lots of choices, which did you get?

Khalifa45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Backcountry
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I got little adapters when I ordered the speakers from Crutchfield. I believe it's a free add on. It was part of the speaker package from them.

I selected the Polk's because that's what I have for my home surround sound and they are really nice speakers.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tore all speakers our of my 2008 Big Horn with Infinity system. All of them were bad. Put in 6 new Rockford Fosgate speakers and added a 12" sub under the rear seat and aux amp. Big big difference.

Capt Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
Why would it need to be loud enough for others to hear? Do you suffer from look at me syndrome?

OP
OP
Q

qdude79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Why would it need to be loud enough for others to hear? Do you suffer from look at me syndrome?
I don't see anything about needing it loud enough for others to hear. I do see a part about "not much with the windows down." Seems like a legit question.
Or are you posting your questions to get attention from others on this forum?

Khalifa45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Backcountry
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: I installed the JBL dash speakers today and they sound great. They do overpower the front door speakers. They also need the adapters. I adjusted the equalizer some to try to help the door speakers. Adjust to taste if you swap all the speakers out.

It's amazing and sad a 55K truck has such crap stock speakers. Oh well. It's fixed now.;)

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
someone's is going to chime in and say you should have gotten the h/k 17.
Hahaha, then you are going to get those who think that setup sucks also.

Audio design is a very emotional and personal choice. So, one thing I did when I had a Prius, yes I had one of those and we called it a scooter. LOL. I changed out-the-door speakers and added an amp with the stock radio head. It was a self-contained powered amp with a built-in crossover. It worked very well.

With this car, I used a generic Dynamat off Amazon (Kilmat) and lined everything - doors, trunk, headliner, anywhere I could find bare metal I turned my car into a sound studio. It made my system so clear and clean, I could not believe it. It also reduced road noise and frankly, I think would still perform well if your windows were down. Good luck!

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Re read what he said, he said nothing about having others hear him. He was talking about driving with the windows down, fresh air and jamming out with enough clean volume as to hear the music.

Capt Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
Re read what he said, he said nothing about having others hear him. He was talking about driving with the windows down, fresh air and jamming out with enough clean volume as to hear the music.
Don't need to re-read it, factory systems are plenty loud, some people that need it louder are just seeking sick attention and their "jamming out" means others of us have to roll our windows up when they get close to us so we can hear our own music. Did I hurt your little feelings?

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't need to re-read it, factory systems are plenty loud, some people that need it louder are just seeking sick attention and their "jamming out" means others of us have to roll our windows up when they get close to us so we can hear our own music. Did I hurt your little feelings?
Nah Capt “D”.. you didn’t hurt any feelings. You must yell at clouds…..
Plus you’re showing your ignorance in regards to factory systems. Their audio quality sucks in comparison to aftermarket systems. Even the HK, which is a decent factory system.