SC 3865 and trans tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I thought I remembered hearing about "firming up" shifts with this unit. Is that something I need to purchase the add on for or does playing with the TM do it? Sorry, I'm a little confused about this...

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TM is reduced and firms up the shifts. It's included in the base SC tuning.

The advanced trans tuning, which is a $40 upgrade, allows you to reduce TM even further and fine tune it with custom shift schedules.

OP
OP
chedched

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I programmed to the economy tuning. It seems to hold each gear a little longer. Does this sound right? I don't notice a "firmer" shift but you are saying it is built into the "stock" tunes they offer?

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I programmed to the economy tuning. It seems to hold each gear a little longer. Does this sound right? I don't notice a "firmer" shift but you are saying it is built into the "stock" tunes they offer?

That sounds right. You're running the economy for fuel mileage. That's closer to the stock tune with SC tweaks. Tune it to the 87 or 91 tune and make a few WOT runs. You'll feel it during the shifts. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
chedched

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So far, I've gone from 12.7 to 14.5 mpg with the tune and running non-ethanol fuel. As it gets warmer it is creeping up.

02 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 NSRT-4
Engine
2.4L Turbo
my fault. i thought you were talking about the $40 upgrade for the trans tune.

i have went from 13 to 16 MPGS with non ethanol and NO tuner