Seat Belt lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ybenormal123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have a good knowledge of the seatbelt wiring on these trucks. I’m trying to figure out the seat belt light with different seats
The factory seat had no wires going to the seat belt buckle and the seats I replaced them with alledgedly came out of the same year truck but have 2 wires going to the buckle assy.
Needless to say my seat belt light stays on when buckled and I am trying to figure out how to remedy this.
I am good with wiring if it would require repin seat harness plug or moving terminals in the plug to correct it or just turn it off completely

I have done AlphaOBD and at least turned the chime off but would like the light and belt minder on the readout to be off as well

Thank you in advance for any help

GeorgeRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just dealt with this last night after swapping in a power heated seat into my 2019 Tradesman. I beat my head against the wall even utilizing the original 2 plug 4 wire connector for the Side curtain airbag, and seat belt buckle. Tried both of the old and new seat buckles. Triple checked the wires all the way from the buckle connector to the big yellow seat connector and verified I was using the correct pins based on the old seats connector. But I still had the seat unbuckled light, the air bag light, a message to service the air bag system, and one saying the Auto Park Shift was disabled. I found a video on You Tube that was about disabling the seat belt sense for the annoying Auto Shift feature that happens when backing. Cut off the connector from the seat belt buckle end, and solder a 520 Ohm resistor across the red and black wires (Might be different colors depending on the year...) then plug the connector back into the harness. The truck was being a pest after that the 1st start up, about not seeing the key fob and pressing the start button with it, but after starting it, everything returned to normal, and all of the lights and messages are gone. I also had the battery negative disconnected while doing stuff to reset the body control module and other computers. Either way, no more annoying reminders or auto shift to park. And I now have a 6 way power seat with lumbar adjust, and it's heated, however I am trying to find a way to use the heated seat control module on the bottom of the new seat without having to integrate into the CAN BUS system. May just remove the module, run a couple switches and relays and maybe buy a timer control module if I want to get fancy. I figure when the truck is shut off the relay will kill power to the seat heater anyway, and I can make it a latching relay with a momentary switch so you have to turn it back on anytime you have shut the truck off.

Gixxer4915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just dealt with this last night after swapping in a power heated seat into my 2019 Tradesman. I beat my head against the wall even utilizing the original 2 plug 4 wire connector for the Side curtain airbag, and seat belt buckle. Tried both of the old and new seat buckles. Triple checked the wires all the way from the buckle connector to the big yellow seat connector and verified I was using the correct pins based on the old seats connector. But I still had the seat unbuckled light, the air bag light, a message to service the air bag system, and one saying the Auto Park Shift was disabled. I found a video on You Tube that was about disabling the seat belt sense for the annoying Auto Shift feature that happens when backing. Cut off the connector from the seat belt buckle end, and solder a 520 Ohm resistor across the red and black wires (Might be different colors depending on the year...) then plug the connector back into the harness. The truck was being a pest after that the 1st start up, about not seeing the key fob and pressing the start button with it, but after starting it, everything returned to normal, and all of the lights and messages are gone. I also had the battery negative disconnected while doing stuff to reset the body control module and other computers. Either way, no more annoying reminders or auto shift to park. And I now have a 6 way power seat with lumbar adjust, and it's heated, however I am trying to find a way to use the heated seat control module on the bottom of the new seat without having to integrate into the CAN BUS system. May just remove the module, run a couple switches and relays and maybe buy a timer control module if I want to get fancy. I figure when the truck is shut off the relay will kill power to the seat heater anyway, and I can make it a latching relay with a momentary switch so you have to turn it back on anytime you have shut the truck off.
Can you confirm the resistor size? You said 520. I cant find one. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat