September 2020 TOTM Voting Poll

Pick your September 2020 TOTM favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You guys are going to have to do better than this if you want my $40 donation next year in both regards.

So are you saying that your Supporting Member contribution was predicated on how good the TOTM contest looks to you? Interesting comment considering there was no TOTM contest in place when you signed up.

Speaking of which, none of these “candidates” even support the site but get nominated for answering newb questions. Grab a six pack and check my PM box where I don’t troll snowflakes.

Candidates are not required to be Supporting Members and they weren't nominated by answering questions. Rather, all that was required was they had to have 50 posts and that they be nominated by their peers. And those peers nominated them because they liked their trucks.

I like the calendar idea, maybe discounts on vendor product. I dunno, but I sure as hell am not taking a special photo for a virtual pat on the back.

That's your choice. At this point I don't think anyone who has viewed your comments here cares whether or not you enter the contest.

All your contentions are false.

I'm not sure what triggered you so badly that you had to disrespect those who have worked to bring TOTM back to the forum and you decided to take shots at those who were nominated. Your comments and contentions were uncalled for and totally out of line.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I had a wig-wag on my 69 SS 396 high beams back in the day. It was a $5 gadget from JC Whitney.
Everyone got out of my way on the turnpike ;)

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Lmao oh and my “handheld camera” is a $1,000 setup, and those photos don’t have “patriarch” backgrounds. Those are raw photos and the only edits where to the brightness and contrast.... that’s it.

I guess when you only buy $80 Walmart cameras, and don’t know **** about photography, you have to edit your photos. You clearly have no idea what your talking about so stay in your lane cause photography sure ain’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those are rookie number bud. gotta get those up :) Don't assume expensive gear can take great photos. I take some great photos with my cell phone.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can we do a mower of the month? I have a few that are awesome? Yeah yeah, you got your 0-60 times, 1/8, 1/4 mile @ *** speed... I got acres per hour mowed!! You think that is awesome, my wife is a Pro, man she can clear 7 acres in record time!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can we do a mower of the month? I have a few that are awesome? Yeah yeah, you got your 0-60 times, 1/8, 1/4 mile @ *** speed... I got acres per hour mowed!! You think that is awesome, my wife is a Pro, man she can clear 7 acres in record time!

Why don't you go rake some grass clippings or something... :D

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
TOTM Rules

Where in the rules does it say you have to be a supporting member to participate? These guys have cool trucks which is why they were nominated.

I don't care if you don't want to take a special photo, no one here asked. Participation is voluntary.

We are working on growing this contest into something that vendors would want to back. Making this contest more than just a popularity contest is 100% my goal and the only reason I agreed to volunteer my time into setting up and running it. It will be much more than a banner an an atta boy.

Seems to me like you are being the snowflake here... Thinking that since you have an opinion, we care to hear it.
When this first started the posting WAS nominating those guys because of how they helped other members of which was posted by Quick shifter (one of the badest trucks on this forum) point being the TOTM is not for those who have helped others rather the trucks themselves.

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
When this first started the posting WAS nominating those guys because of how they helped other members of which was posted by Quick shifter (one of the badest trucks on this forum) point being the TOTM is not for those who have helped others rather the trucks themselves.

Yes Bob I reminded everyone that they should go vote on a section JB1 is heavily active on. He had already “made it to the finals” I said go vote for him because he’s a good dude with a nice truck. I also did that to gain traction on the TOTM section as it seems a lot of people scroll by because it’s been dead for so long. You and everyone else have a choice To vote for your favorite of truck. Which I hope you would vote for the one that you like and not just the one a stranger told you to vote for

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Seems to me there's a large disparity between lifted & lowered trucks here, leaning heavily towards lifted.
I believe this makes the contest a bit lopsided.
Just compare the activity between those two forum sections and most would see.
Maybe a sticky at the top of every sub-forum reminding everyone to vote?

I'd like to see a split contest for each type instead of lifted vs lowered. An outdoors/trail theme wouldn't work for a lowered truck but would for a lifted one thus slanting the voting.

Just rambling, carry on.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Seems to me there's a large disparity between lifted & lowered trucks here, leaning heavily towards lifted.
I believe this makes the contest a bit lopsided.
Just compare the activity between those two forum sections and most would see.
Maybe a sticky at the top of every sub-forum reminding everyone to vote?

I'd like to see a split contest for each type instead of lifted vs lowered. An outdoors/trail theme wouldn't work for a lowered truck but would for a lifted one thus slanting the voting.

Just rambling, carry on.
In the future that may go the other way if we get 5 and only 1 is lowered then the lifted votes could get split and the lowered takes it. I prefer lifted, but I really like the front end on @onsales truck and never been a fan of black wheels so I voted for the lowered truck. Might have gone the other way though if @JB1 had posted all those extra photos before I voted. As this progresses month to month I'm sure it will gain more traction. Really once a truck is nominated if you want to second all you have to do is quote the nominator and add the @ whomever you're seconding.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting TOTM, one stock truck with some suspension work to fit big wheels and the other stock truck appears to have headlights and vinyl, both with some sort of patriarch background.

This is good for the site, but anyone can take a vehicle shot off the parking lot with some editing skills and handheld camera to turn in a decent photograph. It's basically a popularity contest on a forum anyway, but videos/mod list/timeslips (member album) goes a lot further for people who aren't regulars on the site in making a decision.

Edit-My point is that this is an elementary photo of the month. I could point out 10 4G Rams I pass daily on my commute that have 35s, a lift kit, and some aftermarket headlights and stickers.

Mods list gains support for your vendors and other suppliers/tuners/etc. Ex. Oh, you have a X subwoofer/amp/stereo system that I didn't know about before, tell me more... Instead of seeing the exact same question from new members daily every time I click 'new posts', the current member builds/TOTM can give them ideas while promoting brands.

What's the award for this, another badge next to your profile name? Carry on sheep with your participation awards...
Agreeably so with you on some of the post with it being that many member’s feel, JB1 included is a more of a popularity contest. He is a very modest and appreciative person. It’s his truck built for his reason’s.
On the other hand some member’s appreciate the recognition, they like that little badge, award, bragging right’s etc...Without posting mod’s done, cost, reason, experience etc, leaves some member’s guessing as to the reason for their mods or their nomination. As it also
makes other member’s say that this person and his truck deserve some recognition.
JB1 is very informative and helpful person, does he deserve a nomination, who know’s?
It’s not about JB1, the simple fact is, is that the Forum Admin started the TOTM club right?, so they must think it’s a good idea to give something back to the member’s, if you don’t agree, then you don’t agree so what, don’t make broad statement’s against other member’s and their views or better yet take it up with the Admin.
The Forum does this to recognize member’s and their rig’s that give inspiration and help on legitimate issues and a place to float ideas, experience and give insight to that end.
Recently I have seen disgruntled member’s flare up and I get a chuckle out of their post’s that have nothing to do with the issue which is always amusing.
It doesn’t call for anyone’s personal feeling’s toward’s member’s that choose to vote calling them Sheep, or not voting, as this is their choice also. Quit making something out of nothing, as the Great Bill Murray said, “lighten up, Frances.”

Status
Not open for further replies.