Shell Ram Badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is sort of a post about a Ram as it involves a shell sitting on a Ram and involves a couple Ram badges.

Anyway, as you can probably tell by looking at my truck "I don't need no stinkin' badges". I've de-badged my entire truck except for the dinner plate sized tailgate badge and I'd loose that too if it didn't involve body work and paint. So, when I got my color matched shell I figured I'd de-badge that too. It had these about 2 1/2 inch square "Century" badges on each side close to the rear of the shell.

The guy at the shell place told me to not run it through any car washes or anything like that for a month to make sure the paint cured good so I figured I'd better let the badges stay on the shell for a month also so I didn't accidentally pull any paint off with them. So about a week or so ago I got out the 20 pound fishing line and took the badges off the shell. They came off just like the truck's badges. However once they were off I found this under them....

I though "well, that's better then the badges that were on there", but it still bugged me. I guess they were for some type of smaller badge that Century used to use on their shells. It just didn't look right to me. So eBay to the rescue. I went on eBay and found a pair of black Ram badges that were 61 mm x 66 mm which was pretty close to what I needed to cover the "dimple". Ordered them and when they came, since they were shinny black, I hit them with a few coats of Plasti Dip. Stuck them over the dimple and they almost covered all of the "imperfection". There's just a very slight bit of the dimple that shows at the bottom of the badge.

For me it looks a lot better then the dimple but also, to me, the jury's still out on if I'll keep them just because of that little bit of the dimple that still shows. I'll probably keep them unless and until I find a slightly larger Ram badge to fully cover the dimple, although I don't want to go with one that's a lot bigger, just slightly bigger.

What do you think.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you de badge your truck, de badge the shell, just to re badge it... lol

I would of left the dimple. I don't think people would notice it, unless they are staring at that spot.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If they get close enough to notice that, they probably are casing your ride. Probably should kick em in the hind parts before they try and steal it ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cummins Dog

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Heard someone couldn't tell where on the shell this badge is located. Here's a picture to clarify...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93