SHIFT KIT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CHARLES374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think i have the issue resolved. Spoke to my old tranny guy (retired). Told me that its a good tranny and to stop driving it like a *****. The tranny is adaptive and wants to shift up asap. So i have been driving it very hard and no issue's so far. Put about miles in very hot/humid hilly area . Keep you posted

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Think i have the issue resolved. Spoke to my old tranny guy (retired). Told me that its a good tranny and to stop driving it like a *****. The tranny is adaptive and wants to shift up asap. So i have been driving it very hard and no issue's so far. Put about miles in very hot/humid hilly area . Keep you posted
I'm not overly familiar with the 8HP75 in the 22 HD's,but look in your fusebox and see if there's 2 fuses marked for the engine and transmission ,if it has those,pull them for a few minutes,then re-install them,and go drive it like you stole it.
The cars have 2 fuses marked 29 and 31 and it's pretty common to pull them to reset the adaptives for the engine and transmission.On my wifes 6.4 1320 Challenger i pull them before every drag strip pass,and it does make a differance in how the transmission shifts,and the way the engine pulls.

OP
OP
C

CHARLES374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not overly familiar with the 8HP75 in the 22 HD's,but look in your fusebox and see if there's 2 fuses marked for the engine and transmission ,if it has those,pull them for a few minutes,then re-install them,and go drive it like you stole it.
The cars have 2 fuses marked 29 and 31 and it's pretty common to pull them to reset the adaptives for the engine and transmission.On my wifes 6.4 1320 Challenger i pull them before every drag strip pass,and it does make a differance in how the transmission shifts,and the way the engine pulls.
Thanks. I disc the battery then took it out for a drive.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you’re getting some resolution.

No way would I blow the warranty on a new ZF transmission by adding aftermarket parts.

Sometimes mine doesn’t up shift when *I* think it should. But the engineers that designed it probably know more than I do.

I’ve had several vehicles with the 8HP and IMO it’s as good as any automatic ever made.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovtra