Shops for gear and lsd installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know of any good shops in or near Dallas/Fort Worth area. Even in the Austin or San Antonio area. Im wanting to install 4.10's and a lsd in my 2015 ram 1500 hemi 2wd.any help is greatly appreciated

OP
OP
L

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I can't be of more help but I know for sure Pyle Brothers in Baytown does great work. They put the 4.10's and TrueTrac in my Dakota.
rear ends performance differentials spools axles pyle bros
Thanks for your help. I can atleast start some where. Would you by chance know what is a good price. I have the master install kit for the gears but not for the lsd. So im guessing that I would just need that so they could install it?

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for your help. I can atleast start some where. Would you by chance know what is a good price. I have the master install kit for the gears but not for the lsd. So im guessing that I would just need that so they could install it?

I want to say the master kit includes the bearings and what not to do all of it. The swap was around $400 plus some supplies/parts I did not drop off such as axle seals and fluid. I would budget $500 to be on the safe side and do not go for the lowest shop. You want to find someone who does this on a regular basis and preferably someone who works on Mopars or race cars. I am really kicking myself for ordering the 3.21's.

OP
OP
L

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to say the master kit includes the bearings and what not to do all of it. The swap was around $400 plus some supplies/parts I did not drop off such as axle seals and fluid. I would budget $500 to be on the safe side and do not go for the lowest shop. You want to find someone who does this on a regular basis and preferably someone who works on Mopars or race cars. I am really kicking myself for ordering the 3.21's.
I feel your pain.i just talked to the shop and i was told since i already bought the parts i would have to take the axle off the truck and take it to them. So yea thats not going to work but i appreciate your efforts to help me. Hopefully someone else knows of another place.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel your pain.i just talked to the shop and i was told since i already bought the parts i would have to take the axle off the truck and take it to them. So yea thats not going to work but i appreciate your efforts to help me. Hopefully someone else knows of another place.

Huh? Why would you have to remove the axle? That doesn't make any sense. Call your local dealer and ask what they would charge. With all the recalls, you are not going to find many people with more experience rebuilding a 9.25 than the dealership techs. I install customer supplied parts all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Like said, any dealership or drivetrain shop should be able to do this for you. If you have a master install kit, it will include both the pinion and carrier bearings, so all you should need are the gears and LSD unit.

OP
OP
L

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Huh? Why would you have to remove the axle? That doesn't make any sense. Call your local dealer and ask what they would charge. With all the recalls, you are not going to find many people with more experience rebuilding a 9.25 than the dealership techs. I install customer supplied parts all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes i too was confused. My local dealer does not but i never thought about asking one nearby. Maybe someone that whats to make a little money on the side so i dont get charged the dealers shop rate haha.Seems like it would be cheaper that way. The hard part is like you say to fine someone with the experience.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Was that Pyle Brothers? I dropped off my Dakota with them when I had it done, I think it took them 2 or 3 days but I told them to take their time.

OP
OP
L

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like said, any dealership or drivetrain shop should be able to do this for you. If you have a master install kit, it will include both the pinion and carrier bearings, so all you should need are the gears and LSD unit.
So i would only need one install kit for the gears and lsd? Not a kit for each?

OP
OP
L

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was that Pyle Brothers? I dropped off my Dakota with them when I had it done, I think it took them 2 or 3 days but I told them to take their time.
Yes it was i just checked the number i dialed to the one on their website.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes it was i just checked the number i dialed to the one on their website.

That's nuts, that's how I had mine done, already had all the parts and just dropped it all off. Maybe they are real busy or something.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Get your parts from Moes they are cheapest and look for a shop that has been around for a long time. The master bearing kit you won't need unless you have put a butt load of miles on your 2015 already. My truck had less than a 1000 miles when I had it done and the shop reused all the O.E. bearings and had me send the install kit back.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Get your parts from Moes they are cheapest and look for a shop that has been around for a long time. The master bearing kit you won't need unless you have put a butt load of miles on your 2015 already. My truck had less than a 1000 miles when I had it done and the shop reused all the O.E. bearings and had me send the install kit back.

How did they get the pinion bearings off without damaging them? I have heard the inner one is almost welded on after being driven. I would really like to get it done but can't bring myself to put a new truck under the knife. How big of a difference was the upgrade? I assume 3.21 to 3.92.

OP
OP
L

LaDiablita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's nuts, that's how I had mine done, already had all the parts and just dropped it all off. Maybe they are real busy or something.
Something must have just changed because i called a different shop today and they told me the same thing. Before i thought to ask why he was giving me a number to another place that would do it while still attached to the truck. This place gave me a price of 375 plus oil. Which i think is good but i want to get more prices. Instead of going with the first one i find.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Something must have just changed because i called a different shop today and they told me the same thing. Before i thought to ask why he was giving me a number to another place that would do it while still attached to the truck. This place gave me a price of 375 plus oil. Which i think is good but i want to get more prices. Instead of going with the first one i find.

I don't get the remove the diff thing, that is not an easy process and when you take your truck apart how are you going to deliver it?? Stupid. I was about to buy some gears as well. I sure don't want to use the dealer at double the cost.