Shorties / LTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also for what its worth.. the tune makes a big difference.. I went w Jay Greene... super nice guy. And if you didnt wanna pay for a custom one, the 93octane on the i3 is pretty amazing compared to stock. You can pick up a refurb unit on ebay for under 200.. orr since your in MA.. you can buy extra licenses per unit. Would be happy to let you use my i3 and just buy a spare license for it if you ever wanted to try.. you would just have to take a ride down to Marshfield.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If you're talking to me, I really appreciate the offer! I already have a Trinity and a HF 93 tune but thanks anyway. Tuning is HUGE with these trucks. I will never forget my reaction when I first loaded my custom tune. The stock tune in these trucks is dialed back way more than it needs to be.

If you're ever down on the Cape shoot me a message

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're talking to me, I really appreciate the offer! I already have a Trinity and a HF 93 tune but thanks anyway. Tuning is HUGE with these trucks. I will never forget my reaction when I first loaded my custom tune. The stock tune in these trucks is dialed back way more than it needs to be.

If you're ever down on the Cape shoot me a message

I was, and will do.
Just curious what you are getting for MPG on your trunk now with these.
I'm running a custom 93 tune from JG. The first one was amazing by my MPG was around 9-10. Now running his 93 eco/performance and back up to around 13 but that seems crazy to me.

Before all this I was running a canned 93 tune with 2 broken exhaust bolts and getting close to 17mpg.

Talked to Jay and wondering if I possibly have an exhaust leak, which I feel like I should be able to hear... the tick was instantly gone after I got the shorties on.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was, and will do.
Just curious what you are getting for MPG on your trunk now with these.
I'm running a custom 93 tune from JG. The first one was amazing by my MPG was around 9-10. Now running his 93 eco/performance and back up to around 13 but that seems crazy to me.

Before all this I was running a canned 93 tune with 2 broken exhaust bolts and getting close to 17mpg.

Talked to Jay and wondering if I possibly have an exhaust leak, which I feel like I should be able to hear... the tick was instantly gone after I got the shorties on.

I don’t drive my truck a lot during the week because I have a work van so I only have a bout 200 miles on the headers. But so far my city mpg is holding around 13 which is what it was before. Highway I’m around 18-20 depending on speed and terrain which again is about what it was before. So not really any change for me and I’ve also been running the same HF 93 tune for almost a year now. Sounds like it has to do with the tune tbh. You could always try loading the canned 93 tune back in to see if the mpg improves.

I was kinda shocked at how quiet these JBAs are, I was expecting a lot more noise up front. An exhaust leak at the head or the y pipe should be pretty noticeable...

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t drive my truck a lot during the week because I have a work van so I only have a bout 200 miles on the headers. But so far my city mpg is holding around 13 which is what it was before. Highway I’m around 18-20 depending on speed and terrain which again is about what it was before. So not really any change for me and I’ve also been running the same HF 93 tune for almost a year now. Sounds like it has to do with the tune tbh. You could always try loading the canned 93 tune back in to see if the mpg improves.

I was kinda shocked at how quiet these JBAs are, I was expecting a lot more noise up front. An exhaust leak at the head or the y pipe should be pretty noticeable...

Agreed to both with a leak, might go back to the canned tune to see how it works.
I agree, almost not real tone change, was kind of surprised. Almost kicking myself for not going with ARH LTs but didn't want to deal with any inspection issues down the road.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Going with JBA Silver Ceramic shorties, remflex gaskets, and the jba bolts.
Will keep everyone posted.

I'm real close to going with that same setup. Just curious, why'd you choose silver over titanium ceramic coated? Everything still going well with yours? Thanks

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a broken bolt at 65k and went with BBK silver ceramic shorties. 6 months and 4k miles later they still look great. The only thing that is bothering me is that they sound like they are leaking but I don't find where... maybe it's their normal sound "high pitched". And my tick is back louder than before but I don't worry anymore about it: before the headers I heard it on the driver's side now it's on the passenger's side ...let it be.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cool I'm at 49500. I have none broken yet and will be doing the shorty's soon
Yeah it's weird how some trucks break manifold bolts in under 10k and some never have broken bolts. I figured with shorties I would never have to worry about it. Plus stay MA emissions legal...

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah it's weird how some trucks break manifold bolts in under 10k and some never have broken bolts. I figured with shorties I would never have to worry about it. Plus stay MA emissions legal...
Mine seemed to like breaking them every 8-10k. Had to keep having em replaced.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
If you’re still breaking bolts or cracking header tubes the engine mounts may be bad and under load causing a lot of stress.

That’s one benefit of having thicker cast iron manifolds, the other being extremely cheap to mass produce.