Should I go ahead and change oil before 2000 mile trip, or wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdavila99999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is no break in oil interval.
I was considering oil change at 500 miles.

So yeah 500 seems way too soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdavila99999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I 1st got my 16,the 1st two changes were done in less that 4000 mi....Just wanted any break in gunk outta it..Now with synthetic an all ill go till dash sez to go or longer..Biggest problem with oil is that it gets overcome with unburnt fuel which over time does more harm that you think....Its all the start n stop by goin to the corner store or coffee n such and long warm ups which don't do any help..As for the quick sprints to the corner store,i go the long way to make sure engine gets a good warm up,as for the warm up time well in the summer its about 30 or so seconds and winter its a cpl min....Then I just baby it till temps are at proper running temps and then its game on..

If you did oil sampleing,thats when you realize how much your saveing or wasteing but how many sample their oil..

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I think your good either way, changing it would be nice Pease of mind. If its on your mind bugging you I would change it, one less thing to think about on your road trip. Me personally, 4-5k OCI.