Should I order a 25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I do not and never will like Twin Turbos in anything esp, a truck that you're going to need to spool the turbo's up to get the torque you require, esp. towing anything, again no replacement for displacement, owned a FERD W the twins had to have them rebuild twice, second time on my dime some $2,000 later, don't forget some cleaners injector cleaners such as seafoam is harmful to the turbine blades nobody tells you that!
well prepare yourself lol. Ford has twins now, Ram will have twins momentarily, Toyota has a 3.44L twin turbo in the 2023 trucks to replace the 5.7L. Id say the only one left who hasn't dropped the V8 is GM. They also have lots of flavors for GM V8s 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 6.2 so maybe thats why. I will always prefer a NA motor over boost for longevity and reliability but will always choose turbo for power and fun.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless you simply must have new bragging rights, why not give the Hurricane 6 a chance to prove (or disprove) itself? First year always presents a few more growing pains.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Despite the fact that I've faced the dreaded lifter tick 3 times, I'm still a huge fan of the 3rd Gen Hemi V8. I love the sound. No 6 cylinder will beat the sound of a V8.
There are two engines that I consider as the best sounding of the 6 cylinders.
1. Alfa Romeo's Busso V6 (Alfa GT V6 / Alfa GTV)
2. Cologne V6 in a TVR S2

I'm glad though that Chrysler went in for the inline 6 rather than the V6. I6 engines from what I've read and heard will be better balanced and produce more torque. It will run better. I do wonder why they didn't revive their other famous name "Slant 6". Surely that will resonate more better with Mopar people.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I quoted mikeru where he was putting the hurricane engine arguments aside, and speaking strictly to the other first model year redesign problems. None of which is actually new to stellantis vehicles, just new to the ram.
But, as far as the engine in the ram, I would never categorize a ram 1500 as a hot rod (not sure why you tied daily driver into that, as that’s what the 1500’s have mostly been used for anyway?).
Wagoneers have been pulling boats and campers around with the hurricane for a while, and those forums are silent on hurricane engine issues.
I’m pretty sure they’ll do just fine in a 1500 for what they’re rated to tow around.
Theoretically you're right. But they still have to put all those things together and make them work. Software problems can be just as frustrating to owners as problems with new hardware.

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Love the rumble of the Hemi. Reminds me of the muscle cars of the 70's.