small body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Craig, where do you live?

I was kidding Rubber Frog, I live in Wisconsin very near the home of the Green Bay Packers... Go Pack Go!!

Seriously if I can make a set of 1" blocks I am in, and to make the slots larger on the bumper brackets no problem... Thanks for all the info guys...

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks bud, I have not crawled under the truck to look yet but do you remember how many lift blocks you used?

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are right with 14, but the other way around. 8 for front and 6 for the rear.

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys, I must have missed two when I was looking. Ordering the pucks tonight...
I know this will sound stupid probably :killer:, but do I have to remove the bumper to add the 1" lift, I know I will have a gap but just wondering if I can do the bumpers at a later time if need be. Only reason I ask is first never done a body lift and secondly I might not have enough time to do it all at the same time. Just kinda planning. I had the front bumper off not to long ago when I had to do some tweakin to make the bull bar fit up tight to the bumper and stuffed into the air dam below...

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so more questions here, sorry. I ordered my 14 Pucks and they came yesterday so I thought I'd crawl under the beast and giver a good look over.

1- I have a question - where are the extra two body bolts in the box, because I only can find 4 of them one on each corner???? I found the 8 in the front, but don't see more than 4 in the back...
2-Other thing is the spare tire, does doing a body mount affect this?
3-these friggen bolts are hard to get out holy ****, I pulled a cab bolt to measure it was a ***** to remove. Then I tried a box bolt with no luck, gotta get the big bar out. I know the NEW cab bolts have to be 5 1/2" but the backs ??? Does 2 1/2" sound right? I know they are small at lest the very back ones because I can see them and they are like around 1 1/2", someone made a comment to use the front bolts for the back that would not be possible as the fronts are way to long.

I know questions, questions, questions. But I do appreciate the help. I will Probably tackle this project next weekend as this weekend was yard work weekend.:Grenade: Also got a First Communion and of course Mothers day so this weekend is spent..
Again I thank you guys for all the help......REALLY :)

Last edited:

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
Thanks guys, I must have missed two when I was looking. Ordering the pucks tonight...
I know this will sound stupid probably :killer:, but do I have to remove the bumper to add the 1" lift, I know I will have a gap but just wondering if I can do the bumpers at a later time if need be. Only reason I ask is first never done a body lift and secondly I might not have enough time to do it all at the same time. Just kinda planning. I had the front bumper off not to long ago when I had to do some tweakin to make the bull bar fit up tight to the bumper and stuffed into the air dam below...

Hey where did you order your pucks from??

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys finally had time to install the small body lift. Made a huge improvement and my tires clear nicely now with no potential rub issues. :) Some how Installed a 1" puck and gained 1.5" out of it?????? I am not sure but last time I check 1" is 1" right?? I can not figure it out but the tape measure in the pictures does not lie. Both from ground to fender and top of tire after are 1.5". Not sure how this happened, but everything is locked down tight, and even took it for a ride as I thought maybe it was sitting higher on the shocks from taking weight off them, but it didn't change anything still 1.5" higher. Not complaining at all, it looks really nice and is much better than before.

For those who are gonna ask, just took old body bolts out, jacked it up slid pucks in and lowered back down, loosened the bumpers and moved them up as high as they'd go, I didn't have to cut the holes in the bumper bigger but I could to close the gap more but it don't look bad the way it is. Took me 2hrs 15min. Twenty minutes of that time was pounding the old large washers off the old body bolts. Very easy mod if any one is thinking of doing this to gain a little height. .
Link to some pictures are here, sorry the truck is dirty but you'll get the idea, I do have descriptions on the bottom of the pictures to.
Parts list-
14 1" lift pucks from Performance lifts $36.30
6 bolts grade 10 M12-1.75x75 $4.97
8 bolts grade 10 M12-1.75x140 $12.19
4- 1"x1"x2" square steel tubing for crush blocks - free from a local steel shop.
Grand total $53.46

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok looking for some more help here guys. Thought the lift went off with out a hitch, I was wrong. Today when I leaving a intersection from a red light I punched it and heard a bunch of grinding coming from the engine area, it quickly stopped when I left off the pedal, and didn't do again. I only had a little ways to go till I was home and popped the hood, low and behold the fan is really close to the shroud, talking like 1/8" from hitting the bottom of the plastic. So I am guessing that the flex of the motor upon acceleration caused it to hit.
So my questions are 1- What do you usually do with a lift and this rub issue? Cut it?
2- Not sure why only adding a 1" body lift it would be this close to hitting, unless when I put in the bilstein leveling shocks that also moved the position of the fan in the shroud? But I didn't think a suspension lift affected this???? I have like 2" of space on the top of the shroud and virtually nothing on the bottom. Any suggestions would be awesome.
3- Guessing I should probably check for steering issue also, but I really not sure what I am looking for here, a little direction on this would also be great. Thanks guys for all your help.

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In case anyone else is going to do this mod, I was able to pull the fan shroud and slot the two holes where the bolts go so it would drop down 3/4". After slotting the holes I also had to cut down the two tabs that the shroud sits on, these are about halfway down on both sides, I cut 3/4" off these as well and removed the top part of the tab so it would still slide into the slots. I now have 7/8" clearance between the bottom of the shroud and the fan with no rub issues. If anyone has anymore questions please feel free to PM me.

krchov250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
People have done a 1" body lift, performance accessories has 1" lift pucks and you just need to replace the bolts an inch longer! From what i know the only thing you have to mess with other then the lift pucks/bolts is the bumper brackets. Just got to enlarge the holes so you can move them up an inch, other then that nothing else to worry about. Here is a link to the puck.

Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift Puck BB01

Anybody know if you need extensions for anything with a 2 inch????