Smoky interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
You think that because you were the smoker and were not able to smell it. A non-smoker, and even more so, a former smoker, would have had issues with the smell in your interior. Pine tree air fresheners don't cover up cigarette smoke smell. They just make the car smell like pine scented stale smoke. Smoking with the windows down helps. But doesn't prevent the interior from smelling. It just reduces it.
My parents never smoked and hated when I smelled like cigarettes, my mother ended up buying a vehicle off of me and never smelled any scent. Always aired them out as much as I could, and it worked. I smoked Marlboros, I do feel like crappy reservation smokes stink a whole lot more though.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My parents never smoked and hated when I smelled like cigarettes, my mother ended up buying a vehicle off of me and never smelled any scent. Always aired them out as much as I could, and it worked. I smoked Marlboros, I do feel like crappy reservation smokes stink a whole lot more though.
Haha if you say so. :cheers:

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Haha if you say so. :cheers:
I mean, a subject like this isn’t something I would lie about to try to be cool on lmao…just stating my experience, as a former smoker.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stop smoking in your truck! LOL!
WAS my thought, no smokers allowed in truck or house for that matter, but wat the heck, I's just a BOIRD.

hoss laugh.JPGturk helmut drive.JPG

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ozone treatment is the best, however, if you have cloth seat upholstery, you will be faced with having to do not only say, four or more treatments in rapid succession, but you will open the door months later and be greeted with the strong whiff of a nasty ash tray; sometimes emitting from the HVAC. An additional treatment is required, and the issue will eventually abate.

Another treatment I use is in addition to my Ozone Generating unit. That is putting open bowls of 5% vinegar on the floors overnight. Ideally, cracking the windows slightly open aids in the process too. Lastly, put gobs of dryer sheets UNDER your seats and leave them for a month or so; or til they lose their effectiveness.

Lastly, put a container of Arm&Hammer in the truck and change it out every week. Or, fill the ash tray, if equipped.
Anyone know the best way to get cigar, and cigarette smell out of my truck? I tried foggers, changed out the cabin filter, blow out the vents with compressed air, nothing seems to work.