So I stumbled Upon some mud..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MWeir91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So A friend and I were out doing a little exploring on a few trails around my home town of Springdale, NL, Canada and came across what at the time, looked like a little bit of mud. As the pictures in the link below show, looks can be deceiving; as soon as my wheels touched it the mud that once appeared "dry" lost it's matte finish and made it very clear it was more than just "a little bit of mud". After 6 hours of effort, including a lot of friends with shovels, several pull out attempts from friends trucks (including an F-350 and 2500 GMC, strapped to one another then to my ram), an attempt by a front end loader that was unable to get close enough to try, and a few flats of beer to refresh the boys, I was finally able to get my Pride and joy out of the mud by renting a Cable Skidder and having a float truck deliver it to my location. I'm happy to report no damages, only to my wallet and pride, and a good time and good laugh had by all once all was said and done.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0d4kc3cqag8m4d9/7B61wQoTMK

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OOPS....Glad no damage was done. Don't take it as a hit to the pride. Turn it into a learning experience. Now you know where to go to get stuck for a little while with the little philly in the pic......

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
That happened to a friend of mine with his jeep on the local mud trail that everybody hits. Took him 10 hours to get it out of 3 feet of mud. Took 4 trucks to finally get him out. The next day he went out and bought a winch, hasnt been stuck since then

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like a frustrating time! Good for you for not breaking anything, it's amazing how bad decisions quickly SEEM like good ones in situations like this.