So what did I manage to screw up (Bilstein 5100 w/ Mevotech UCA's)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So an update...In the school of thought to try simple things first, I decided to make sure everything was in fact tight. Given that we were rushing towards the end as it was cold and wet with several thousand dollars getting soaked I thought maybe we didn't button everything up the way it should have. So I went and used SOKY's recommendation on the craftsman ratchet set and went to town. Everything was nice and tight except for...wait for it...the nut on top of upper assembly. That had quite a lot of turns to go before it even began to get tight. Used an Allen key to hold it in place and snugged it up nicely. Then I took a look at the zerk fittings on the new UCA's and realized the shop never actually greased them for me when I asked. So $20 for a grease gun and some grease and did it myself. Took it for a test drive and the clunk is gone! I asked my brother about the washer and he told me he assembled it in the correct order too so I think I'm good!!!
Glad that worked, if it was like mine it probably rides better too.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That craftsman tool set is the bomb !