So, what kind of wait am I looking at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, recently came into some money. Wife is pregnant with our first. My 98 1500 quad cab is getting long in the tooth, has seen better days, and needs to be upgraded for the new family addition soon to arrive.

Never owned or bought a new vehicle. Decided it was high time, especially as I can afford to pay in cash. Got on rams website and built the truck of my dreams. Big Horn 1500 crew cab short bed, ram box, Hemi, 8.4 unconnect with nav, 4x4, luxury group, protection group, remote start and security group, spray in bed liner, etc, etc, etc.

Went over to the local dealership with a print out of my build sheet in hand fully aware they would not have what I want on the lot. Told the sales guy that the minute he walked up to me and he said sure, we can order it for you. Finds a Ram similar to what I want for a test drive, I love it. We go in and the manager comes over, says the truck I want doesn't exist. I said I know, that's why I built it that way on the website. Naturally he wants to sell me a truck off the lot. After an hour of looking at all of them and seeing nothing close they finally agree to order my RAM.

So, order was placed with Ram yesterday, 6/25. They couldn't give me any kind of an eta on delivery. So who all has done a custom order from Ram and how long did it take from order date to delivery? I want my new Ram!

jc55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So, recently came into some money. Wife is pregnant with our first. My 98 1500 quad cab is getting long in the tooth, has seen better days, and needs to be upgraded for the new family addition soon to arrive.

Never owned or bought a new vehicle. Decided it was high time, especially as I can afford to pay in cash. Got on rams website and built the truck of my dreams. Big Horn 1500 crew cab short bed, ram box, Hemi, 8.4 unconnect with nav, 4x4, luxury group, protection group, remote start and security group, spray in bed liner, etc, etc, etc.

Went over to the local dealership with a print out of my build sheet in hand fully aware they would not have what I want on the lot. Told the sales guy that the minute he walked up to me and he said sure, we can order it for you. Finds a Ram similar to what I want for a test drive, I love it. We go in and the manager comes over, says the truck I want doesn't exist. I said I know, that's why I built it that way on the website. Naturally he wants to sell me a truck off the lot. After an hour of looking at all of them and seeing nothing close they finally agree to order my RAM.

So, order was placed with Ram yesterday, 6/25. They couldn't give me any kind of an eta on delivery. So who all has done a custom order from Ram and how long did it take from order date to delivery? I want my new Ram!

I will be picking up my Ram today which I ordered 5/14. Just over 6 weeks. I don't believe that is normal, as I was told anywhere from 7-10 weeks.

If you go to the RAM Website and click on Contact US, you can bug the chat customer service reps every couple days for status updates now that VOTS is down. The dealer should have given you a VON (vehicle order number), if they didn't get it, it gets generated at time of order. No VON, no order.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine took exactly 4 weeks from time of order to show up at the dealership. I think it's just the luck of threads draw. What there tooled up to build at the tim, where you live, things like that.

OP
OP

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When you built you truck on Ram's web site did you use the locater to see if any were in inventory?

I did, and it just showed me similar trucks, but nothing that had everything I wanted. Since it's the first new vehicle I have ever bought I wanted to go all out and make sure I got exactly what I want. Given the coin I am spending on this I wasn't really willing to compromise. I also plan to own this truck for a good long time so that added to me wanting exactly what I want.

Ok, so about a month to a month and a half to go. Man I can't wait! I'm already starting to shop around for add ons. I know I need to order some Nerfs for it pretty quick so the wife can get in and out. Had to add them to my 98 for her and the new ones sit a bit higher up. Didn't want to spend the $600 for the mopar ones when I know I can get them all day for $250 or less.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I ordered two trucks (long story) and the first came in right at 5 weeks and the second, ordered 9 days later, took closer to 8 weeks I think. I don't know exactly when the second one came in since I bought the first one.

So, you're looking at anywhere from 4-12 weeks. LOL. It all depends on where in the build cycle the factory is at, parts availability, and the biggest delay, the trains!