SOS seatbelt chime problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcorvi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 20009
Engine
4.7 , 5.7
Greetings,

Seems there's a lot of similar discussion on here but nothing that can solve my issue. I've purchased a 2009 1500 Laramie. The guy replaced the drivers seat, with what appears to be one of the same year, and now the truck constantly thinks I dont have my seat belt on. This is driving me absolutely crazy, can anyone help me figure out either:

1) how i can disable the chime all together, by cutting a wire or something, considering that I cannot do the typical procedure (since it constantly thinks it's unbuckled) or

2) why the hell it isn't getting the signal from the belt. everything else works and wiring looks fine. do you have to have the dealer program the new seat like on the newer fords?

Big thanks!!

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Theres a crap load of wires under the seat. Apparently the connectors are bad design. They can corrode or come loose. I would try connecting and reconnecting.

My airbag was affected. Dealer fixed it under warranty. Crappy job, but thats another story.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca